Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2016, 07:45 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Changing battery on O-RC1

My old remote was dying in cold weather. I had a spare which, so I attempted to change the battery. Easy enough. Now have almost, as new, version.

Undo screws on the back and prize open the case. The circuit board was screwed in place with two, out of 4, tiny screws. The battery was also glued in. Prized the battery out (CR 2025). To get new battery secured without glue I wrapped a small length of electrical tape around it. Reversed the process.

The most fiddly bit is getting the seal back in place. In the end, I chucked it away. I was getting a spare remote for the cost of a button cell, and anyway the case screws down nice and tightly, so unlikely to have much serious problem with moisture I'm guessing.

All's working fine - all for the cost of a button cell I had knocking around anyway and 15 minutes of fiddling.

12-08-2018, 07:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would you like to show pictures of the doing?
12-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Would you like to show pictures of the doing?
Sorry, I did not think to record the stages. What I can say, is that it is still working fine.
10-28-2021, 10:21 AM   #4

Any Changes to this unit?

QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
My old remote was dying in cold weather. I had a spare which, so I attempted to change the battery. Easy enough. Now have almost, as new, version.

Undo screws on the back and prize open the case. The circuit board was screwed in place with two, out of 4, tiny screws. The battery was also glued in. Prized the battery out (CR 2025). To get new battery secured without glue I wrapped a small length of electrical tape around it. Reversed the process.

The most fiddly bit is getting the seal back in place. In the end, I chucked it away. I was getting a spare remote for the cost of a button cell, and anyway the case screws down nice and tightly, so unlikely to have much serious problem with moisture I'm guessing.

All's working fine - all for the cost of a button cell I had knocking around anyway and 15 minutes of fiddling.
Is it still basically a throw-away when the battery's dead?

10-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by InnAtElmwood Quote
Is it still basically a throw-away when the battery's dead?
I'm still using this remote so, no, not a throw-away ...
10-28-2021, 11:53 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone here has photos of the doing?