Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What happened to Induro Aluminum Tripods?

I bought an Induro carbon fiber monopod a year ago on sale. It was a demo model and I picked it up for about $115 if I recall correctly...

I've been using a cheapo aluminum tripod from Amazon for the same duration and realized it probably time to upgrade.

I was looking at the AT-413 a while back, but looks like it's discontinued now. So I tried to search for comparable models with Induro and they seem to only sell carbon fiber now?

Is there a reason why they only list the carbon fiber tripods online?
Honestly they are not that much lighter for what you're paying for.

I'd rather lug around an extra pound or two and save $400.

I'd like a 3 section tripod with twist locks.
I love the Induro monopod I have so something comparable. If Induro didn't discontinue the AT-413 I'd likely buy that today.

Any thoughts?
Is it just a carbon fiber market now? Is everyone just okay with paying $500+ for a tripod?
Is the aluminum tripod on it's way out?

12-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i'm not close to what Induro sells today, but i did notice they seem to have launched a bunch of new models. Just call them and ask, i'd say.
I have aluminim and CF tripod sets and i find the CF to be significantly lighter than a similarly spec'd aluminum leg set.

I agree, $500+ is high but the quality is good and the service is xcellent. I spent $750-ish for my Induro leg set (mated with an older Manfrotto3-way head) and it is a marvelously stable workhorse for me and worth the expense, IMO.

good luck
12-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
I have an Induro Aluminum Tripod and I was wondering the same thing. I love the tripod and I wanted to buy another. I am so disappointed they stopped making them as well. Who else makes a quality aluminum tripod with twist-lock legs?

obin
12-09-2016, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #4

Manfrotto 190go! Aluminum Tripod MT190GOA4TB B&H Photo Video

12-09-2016, 02:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Obin Robinson Quote
I have an Induro Aluminum Tripod and I was wondering the same thing. I love the tripod and I wanted to buy another. I am so disappointed they stopped making them as well. Who else makes a quality aluminum tripod with twist-lock legs?

obin
I have a Mefoto and its amazing. Twist lock, funky yellow color (its not subtle), and so far its stood up to just about anything I've thrown at it.

They come in just about any color out there, I picked mine initially thinking I was going to get a yellow camera before changing off on a K-3 instead.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1030831-REG/mefoto_a1350q1y_roadtrip_...ripod_kit.html

EDIT: Apparently my yellow one is discontinued, but they still come in other flavors...
12-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I have a Mefoto and its amazing. Twist lock, funky yellow color (its not subtle), and so far its stood up to just about anything I've thrown at it.

They come in just about any color out there, I picked mine initially thinking I was going to get a yellow camera before changing off on a K-3 instead.

MeFOTO A1350Q1 Replacement for MeFOTO A1350Q1 | B&H Photo Video

EDIT: Apparently my yellow one is discontinued, but they still come in other flavors...
I have one of those as well but mine is red and black. I absolutely love it as a portable tripod or when I am shooting flower photos.

obin
12-09-2016, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

You sure cannot go wrong with manfrotto for aluminum leg sets.

12-09-2016, 05:02 PM - 3 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

Vanguard makes awesome tripods. I replaced an old Manfrotto with a Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB100. You should check Vanguard out.
04-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #9

This is a thread bump in order to report that I got a very nice Induro aluminum tripod from KEH a week ago. They've been selling these aluminum tripods that are used but in excellent condition. Mine looked to be barely used. If anyone is still looking check keh.com and they may have some.

obin