Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2016, 05:28 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Well, your requirements are met by most good quality ballheads. Recommending one above the other quickly dissolves into fandom because we cannot be expected to have experience with all the heads (except for Panoguy maybe).

I know Sirui constantly gets recommended as better than their price tag. I can say I love my K10X, and even the C10X that came with my Sirui tripod was pretty good.

That being said, I also have a Vanguard head (discontinued model) which is every bit as good, so there you are.

Go with the size you can accept (a too large head wouldn't have fit on my travel tripod for instance), the weight requirements, and shop for prices going on from there.
I'm in full agreement regarding meeting requirements with most good quality ball heads. That being said, I really like my 3-Legged Thing Airhead 2, strong, light and high quality build.

01-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
From the advice of so many, I went ahead and bought an L-Bracket. One word: Wow. That solves so many of my problems. Thank you all for all of your recommendations. What I'd love to find now is a custom L-Bracket for the K-1 and another for the K-3. I guess I should also look into replacing my Manfrotto ballhead with an Arca Swiss ballhead. For now, I guess I'll be using my mefoto tripod primarily until then. Again, thank you all for your recommendations.