Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
trouble is that the Hadley pro is just so much prettier- a design classic, imo - I love mine, but I must admit I use it mostly for out and about journalistic style photography with smaller lenses
You're right it is gorgeous. Especially the Sage with chocolate leather like I had. But the 1.4 in Tan and chocolate leather is also very classic and stylish as well. I like them both.

12-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, thanks for your input, I am still leaning toward the fstop bag, my hadley large is a keeper for holding heaps of stuff, the fstop will be for carrying a small amount on a daily basis. Yes I have the shoulder pad for the hadley.
12-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
my hadley large is a keeper for holding heaps of stuff
Curious as to what you pack into your Hadley Pro Large? And how deep is the flap on the large? Is it wider than the regular Hadley Pro at 3"?
12-30-2016, 04:27 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got back, too late now, will have a look at it tomorrow, cheers

Ok.
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Curious as to what you pack into your Hadley Pro Large? And how deep is the flap on the large? Is it wider than the regular Hadley Pro at 3"?
It is just a little over 4" at 110cm across from back to front depth, height is about 270mm, and width from left to right across the bag is about 345mm, these are approx. internal measurements.
I bought this bag when i had the 60D and 70-300 and two other lenses, the height was good for the 70-300.
These days I can carry the K-3 or K-5 with attached lens, lens facing down, bag divided into 3 sections, and I made up some square pieces of foam for dividers so I can carry several smaller lenses, stacked, as well. It works ok, but for taking out a few lenses with a body I am still leaning toward the fstop 1.4 as a day bag.

as a side note the other one I was considering is the Ona Bowery bag, but maybe too small.

Last edited by beachgardener; 12-31-2016 at 02:23 AM. Reason: ad info.
02-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
How would you think the peak design every day messenger either 13 or 15 stack up against the hadley or the fstop?
I had a chance to try out the new Peak Design 15" Charcoal Messenger Bag at my local camera store today. I did not like it. It looks like a womans purse to begin with. The material feels somewhat harsh. There seems to be very little padding and I just did not like the style of it at all. So glad I went with the classic Billingham look. The price is about the same too.

Peak Design 15" Messenger Bag.

02-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thanks for that, yes that image relates to me just how much better the Billingham bags are
cheers.