Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2016, 02:10 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can you fit a K30 with an 18-135 lens attached lengthwise in a Domke F10

I'm a real fan of Domke bags and I need something that I can fit my K30 with the 18-135 attached into. I like to have the camera sitting on it's side with the grip pointing upwards and running the length of the bag, but the K30 is about 100mm tall and the F10 is 76mm deep according to the website. So if it fits the way I like it to, the bag would probably bulge. Does anyone know if the F10 is flexible enough for a K30 or something similar to fit inside the way I've described or is there just not enough room?

12-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I'm a real fan of Domke bags and I need something that I can fit my K30 with the 18-135 attached into. I like to have the camera sitting on it's side with the grip pointing upwards and running the length of the bag, but the K30 is about 100mm tall and the F10 is 76mm deep according to the website. So if it fits the way I like it to, the bag would probably bulge. Does anyone know if the F10 is flexible enough for a K30 or something similar to fit inside the way I've described or is there just not enough room?
It will fit nicely in the Domke 5XC. Have you looked at that bag? I've got one myself. It has room for your camera and attached lens along with another long lens and two smaller DA's. Downside is there is not much room for extra "stuff".

Heres the Pentax Review https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/domke-domke-f-5xc.html

Last edited by Driline; 12-21-2016 at 10:51 AM.
12-21-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Where'd you go?
12-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Where'd you go?
Sorry, I'm in a different time zone half a world away so I've only just got back to this. The 5XC only has a single pocket inside and I want this bag for my Daguerrotype lens kit which has the different sets of aperture plates and I'd like to be able to keep each set separated from each other for ease of use.

I'm looking at the Cambags site and it looks like you can fit a Canon EOS 7D in there so it might work.

12-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I'm looking at the Cambags site and it looks like you can fit a Canon EOS 7D in there so it might work.
Peak Design is top of the line stuff. About the same price as Billingham Bags but have a more modern look as opposed to British old world style. Yea you have a lot of stuff to pack away. I'd take a look at the Domke F2. Much more room than the F10 and it should fit most of your gear comfortably and much less expensive than the Peak Design.

I ended up recently purchasing a Billingham F/stop 1.4 and am very happy with it. You've probably already seen my thread on it just a few lines down from this one.
12-22-2016, 05:22 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Peak Design is top of the line stuff. About the same price as Billingham Bags but have a more modern look as opposed to British old world style. Yea you have a lot of stuff to pack away. I'd take a look at the Domke F2. Much more room than the F10 and it should fit most of your gear comfortably and much less expensive than the Peak Design.

I ended up recently purchasing a Billingham F/stop 1.4 and am very happy with it. You've probably already seen my thread on it just a few lines down from this one.

I found a Youtube video where a guy fits a Sony DSLR in the F10 so it looks like my K30 will fit. I've ordered one and it should get here next week. I only need to fit a single camera and lens in this bag so an F2 would be way too big. I already have a couple of F2's and they are great bags (like all Domke's). Unfortunately the Billngham's are ridiculously expensive over here so they weren't really in contention.
12-22-2016, 05:49 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I found a Youtube video where a guy fits a Sony DSLR in the F10 so it looks like my K30 will fit. I've ordered one and it should get here next week. I only need to fit a single camera and lens in this bag so an F2 would be way too big. I already have a couple of F2's and they are great bags (like all Domke's). Unfortunately the Billngham's are ridiculously expensive over here so they weren't really in contention.
I've got 3 Domke bags myself. An F-5XC , F-5XB, and an F-803. You really can't go wrong with them, they're so comfortable.

12-23-2016, 10:55 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My F10 arrived today

So to answer my own original question, the answer is a resounding YES. In fact the K30 with the 18-135 fitted will fit comfortably in the bag with room for another lens stored vertically. Even better, it is big enough not to be mistaken for a murse but small enough to make a great "go anywhere" bag for a single body and a lens.

This is my fifth Domke - I love 'em.
12-24-2016, 06:03 AM   #9
Pentaxian

So to answer my own original question, the answer is a resounding YES. In fact the K30 with the 18-135 fitted will fit comfortably in the bag with room for another lens stored vertically. Even better, it is big enough not to be mistaken for a murse but small enough to make a great "go anywhere" bag for a single body and a lens.

This is my fifth Domke - I love 'em.
You should take a pic of your camera and lens to show how it fits inside.