Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

pentax limited case 2 and the 3 amigos + a friend

just curious if anyone has the pentax limited case 2 (not the original, the version 2 holds all 5 da limiteds apparently) and is using it for the 3 amigos + another prime

basically, i'm looking to get a case for my primes to make packing them a bit easier. the limited 2 says it's 2x2.5x11.5"

will this hold the 31/43/77/da15? if need be i'll get some op/tech dual lens caps and marry the the 15/77 and 31/43.

my concern is the 31, it's a bit thick compared to the others.

---------- Post added 12-24-16 at 12:19 PM ----------

the four lenses stacked on top of each other measure exactly 11" so length wise there should be room for them plus a divider. just need to know about the 31 really. it's 2 3/4 wide at the cap, which may be a bit much i'm afraid

12-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use the 11" version of this and really like it: Accessory Pack | OP/TECH USA

It holds my 3 Limiteds (21, 40 & 70), my DA 50 F1.8 (plus add-on hood), lens pens, small blower brush, spare battery, spare body/rear caps, SD card holders and other stuff too. It's well made and easy to carry. I found the strap to be a little narrow for my liking as I have some health issues and it tended to cut into my shoulder when loaded (no natural body padding, I'm just skin and bone!) but I picked up a cheap seat belt pad from Walmart and it wraps nicely around the strap and feels really comfortable now.
12-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another bag to consider for a 4-Prime configuration is the Lowepro ViewPoint CS 60: ViewPoint CS 60 Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases. Although it was designed for a GoPro kit it carries Pentax primes very well.

I picked one up for my 21-40-70 stack of pancakes with the intention of adding the 15mm after Christmas. What I like about the ViewPoint is I can put it in an outside pocket of my Domke F-4AF bag leaving room for 2 large zooms inside the bag.
12-24-2016, 03:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
all good suggestions, but i'm looking for something to hold the primes snugly that i can tuck into my normal backpack. not necessarily something to carry them on their own over my shoulder.

does anyone make a dual lens case with a zip on each side? that might work well for stacking.

12-24-2016, 04:44 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I use my socks.... when travelling..... always upsets the limiteds on the way home.....
12-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You may find some useful info in this thread posted back in 2014: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/273575...beautiful.html

Lots of alternative options were brought up then including using dollar store neoprene pencil cases. I find dollar store neoprene cases to be a great source of material especially the ones meant for iPads and tablets. I have bought several of the tablet size ones and then de-constructed them so that I could re-use the material for something else (I can use a sewing machine so that helps! ). I have used the material to make lens pen cases, covers for my tripod tool kit to stop it clanking against the tripod legs, a pouch to hold my binocular tripod mount so that I can store it in my binocular case without damaging the binos, shoulder pads for case/camera straps, etc., etc., etc.

---------- Post added 24th Dec 2016 at 18:58 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I use my socks.... when travelling..... always upsets the limiteds on the way home.....
EWWWWW!

Athletes foot infection of your Limiteds!

12-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
I can use a sewing machine....
Only "Real men" sew.... a mans sewing room is called a sail loft...
12-24-2016, 05:53 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Only "Real men" sew.... a mans sewing room is called a sail loft...
This is very true....or a kite loft! My wife and I were into designing and building large kites a few years back until my illness forced me off the flying field.

My user name is kite related and is Japanese for 'kite crazy'. We have a number of sewing machines but our favourites are a heavy duty Husqvana Viking from the 1970's and a 1980's Pfaff.

12-24-2016, 08:11 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the three lens case. I also own the FA 31 and 77. I can check the 31 later.
12-25-2016, 08:25 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have two of the cases. One contains the DA ltds and the other the 3 FA ltds. They fit nicely and are very well protected in these cases. I have to put one of the DAs at an angle to make them all fit but it is not a problem. The case comes with an ample number of cushions and dividers to make everythig fit snugly.