Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-05-2017, 09:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Another in favour of ebay cheapo remotes here. I get the multi-camera ones pictured below, they are usually in the $2 range. I've never had any issues with them not working*, but I misplace them all the time so I usually aim to have 2 or 3 in my camera bag. As a plus, if you're ever out shooting with someone who uses a different brand, you can loan them a remote. Or just give them a remote, they're cheap enough.

*An exception is when the battery is dying, which causes the remote to work intermittently. Can't fault the remote for that, but given the loooong life of the batteries, it's always a surprise. The batteries are replaceable.

01-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Another in favour of ebay cheapo remotes here. I get the multi-camera ones pictured below, they are usually in the $2 range. I've never had any issues with them not working*, but I misplace them all the time so I usually aim to have 2 or 3 in my camera bag. As a plus, if you're ever out shooting with someone who uses a different brand, you can loan them a remote. Or just give them a remote, they're cheap enough.

*An exception is when the battery is dying, which causes the remote to work intermittently. Can't fault the remote for that, but given the loooong life of the batteries, it's always a surprise. The batteries are replaceable.
How well do the zoom and other features work with your camera?

I have a K-50.

Thanks.
01-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
How well do the zoom and other features work with your camera?

I have a K-50.

Thanks.
They don't! It's a shutter release only - the top left button is the pentax one.

I should also point out that there's also no 'half-press', this is standard for Pentax DSLR IR remote afaik.
01-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
They don't! It's a shutter release only - the top left button is the pentax one.

I should also point out that there's also no 'half-press', this is standard for Pentax DSLR IR remote afaik.
Thanks!

An informative and prompt response.

01-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I want to get a wireless remote for my K3, considering the JJC RM-E7; which was suggested in an older thread. Any other suggestions, or is this a good choice?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I downloaded a free app for my smart phone.
01-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #21
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I don't have a smart phone, so that option's out for me. The remote I mentioned will work very well for me.
01-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I don't have a smart phone, so that option's out for me. The remote I mentioned will work very well for me.

I have this JJC IR remote attached to my shoulder strap so its handy and I don't lose it. It works the same as any JJC and it costs the same:
Remote Conttrol Infrared IR Pentax Optio A10 A20 A30
Added: It is much more compact