Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2017, 08:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Improvised Lens Mount End Cap

I tried a search but got no results. Has anyone come up with an improvised cap for the K series lens mount?. I have one more lens than I have protective fittings for the mounting end. I have scoured the local auction sites, zillions of lens caps but nothing that slips over the mount.

Thanks.

01-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by awa355 Quote
I tried a search but got no results. Has anyone come up with an improvised cap for the K series lens mount?. I have one more lens than I have protective fittings for the mounting end. I have scoured the local auction sites, zillions of lens caps but nothing that slips over the mount.

Thanks.
Might not solve your problem, but I have one of these Op-Tech double-ended mount caps. Super handy when carrying around a few Limited lenses.
01-02-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Do you mean these?

NewBlack Rear Lens Cap Cover for Pentax PK K20D K10D K200D K100 K7 Mount Lens | eBay
01-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Thanks.
do you mean a cap for the rear of a lens or a cap for the body?

01-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Ah, if that's true, those are tougher finds. B&H sells them, though. $10 from Pentax, $3 from Sigma.
01-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Ah, if that's true, those are tougher finds. B&H sells them, though. $10 from Pentax, $3 from Sigma.
Not to mention many knock offs on eBay. Search for k mount body cap.
01-03-2017, 12:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
A cap for the rear of the lens.

pjv has the answer, I will just have to figure out how this Ebay works. In New Zealand, there is stuff all support for Pentax. I have been looking for a NZ dealer selling WR lenses. Just about zilch.

01-03-2017, 12:12 AM   #8
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

pjv has the answer, I will just have to figure out how this Ebay works. In New Zealand, there is stuff all support for Pentax. I have been looking for a NZ dealer selling WR lenses. Just about zilch.
Give this mob a ring mate, and see if they have what you need. Good luck.
Click on the links @awa355.
The 1st one is a Pentax outlet, and the 2nd one is a thread devoted to Kiwi members. Join them and they can help you with anything Pentax.

Pentax in New Zealand

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/43-travel-events-groups/41021-kiwi-pentaxians.html

Last edited by pjv; 01-03-2017 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Add link
01-03-2017, 03:47 AM   #9
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do yourself and the vendor a fovour and buy 10 - 20 at a time!! Careful though - sometimes the "free shipping" falls off
Rear Lens Cap + Cover Body Cap For Pentax DSLR SLR Lens Camera PK-in Len Caps from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
01-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/331542-pk-lens-caps.html
01-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #11
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Give this mob a ring mate, and see if they have what you need. Good luck.
Click on the links @awa355.
The 1st one is a Pentax outlet, and the 2nd one is a thread devoted to Kiwi members. Join them and they can help you with anything Pentax.

Pentax in New Zealand

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/43-travel-events-groups/41021-kiwi-pentaxians.html
How did you go with the end caps, and with joining in the Kiwi thread mate? They are a good bunch, and I am sure they welcomed you into the group.
01-09-2017, 01:11 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
How did you go with the end caps, and with joining in the Kiwi thread mate? They are a good bunch, and I am sure they welcomed you into the group.
My warped sense of humour seems to fit right in. I can work around the end caps. I have a new lens on it's way from Aussie, 1/3rd the NZ price, and will likely sell two surplus lenses.