Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2017, 08:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lost one of the rings from my K-3ii

I can't find anyone who sells replacements...

I have found some generic circle rings to put on there, but it's my OCD that's causing such angst!

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement ring? (The triangle shaped ones for the sling mount/ camera strap)
I'd also need that little foam/leather buffer piece that goes around it.

01-13-2017, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
I can't find anyone who sells replacements...

I have found some generic circle rings to put on there, but it's my OCD that's causing such angst!

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement ring? (The triangle shaped ones for the sling mount/ camera strap)
I lost one from my k-3, and I'd be equally interested.
01-13-2017, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There are loads on eBay strap ring pentax | eBay
01-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

They are sort of generic. I favor the Nikon variant that have the plastic bumper built into the "ring" to help avoid scratches.

Steve

01-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
There are loads on eBay strap ring pentax | eBay
True, these would achieve the look... EDIT: Maybe they are all generic anyways?
I found one set with shim pads... I guess these could work.
I wonder if there is anyone making alternative options for the lug mount connection points. The Peak Design anchors won't fit in the lug by itself

---------- Post added 01-13-17 at 10:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
They are sort of generic. I favor the Nikon variant that have the plastic bumper built into the "ring" to help avoid scratches.

Steve
Where can you get these?
I guess if I replace both of them on my K-3ii I would be okay with it...

I use a Peak Design Slide strap anyways, so the sling attachment points are only really used on one side of my camera, the arca-swiss plate holds the other sling point.

Last edited by UserAccessDenied; 01-13-2017 at 08:59 AM.
01-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Where can you get these?
Vintage Triangle Strap Lug Rings for Classic Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Leica | eBay

Steve
01-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

NEW Puleme Camera Strap Lug Ring(1 Pair) for Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Olympus etc | eBay

Puleme Triangle strap ring and leather bumper

01-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ok I guess eBay is the way to go than.

I was hoping more for an option directly from a Pentax supplier. But I suppose it's all the same anyways?
01-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #9

The vintage ones that stevebrot linked to look the the same as those on my Minolta MF bodies. I used to have spares around but have no idea where they are now.

If they are not proprietary like the lugs on the LX Ricoh probably buys them in bulk from some third party.
01-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
The vintage ones that stevebrot linked to look the the same as those on my Minolta MF bodies. I used to have spares around but have no idea where they are now.
Hmm,
$9 for two rings...

There's a few antique shops near me that sell a ton of used film cameras. Most of which probably don't work since they are typically prices at or under $5 each.
Maybe I'll drive through town this evening and see if I can't score a few just for the rings. If so, I'll gladly share! haha
01-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've seen these on eBay and Amazon:

GRIMM D-SLR RF Mirrorless Camera Strap Lug Ring&Leather Cover Set (Black/1 Pair) | eBay

Not OEM, and a slightly different shape "triangle", but they look pretty decent.
01-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #12
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder if there is anyone making alternative options for the lug mount connection points. The Peak Design anchors won't fit in the lug by itself
Glad you brought this point up! I'm going to get the Peak Design sling strap, so it's good to know I will have to change the "rings" on my K3 in order for the Peak to fit! Think I will go with the larger rings another member mentioned in another thread.
01-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Glad you brought this point up! I'm going to get the Peak Design sling strap, so it's good to know I will have to change the "rings" on my K3 in order for the Peak to fit! Think I will go with the larger rings another member mentioned in another thread.
Sorry, just to clarify! The Peak Design connectors DO work with the OEM strap rings. I just lost one of my rings, so the Peak Design connector won't fit through the tiny millimeter sized lug hole (the part built into the camera body itself)...

This would be ideal, to put the Peak Design connector looped through the lug hole on my K-3ii. Then I'd eliminate the ring altogether. The string on the connector is just a lad bit thick for it.

P.S. The Peak Design Slide strap is an amazing camera strap.
01-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #14
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, just to clarify! The Peak Design connectors DO work with the OEM strap rings. I just lost one of my rings, so the Peak Design connector won't fit through the tiny millimeter sized lug hole (the part built into the camera body itself)...

This would be ideal, to put the Peak Design connector looped through the lug hole on my K-3ii. Then I'd eliminate the ring altogether. The string on the connector is just a lad bit thick for it.

P.S. The Peak Design Slide strap is an amazing camera strap.
Thanks so much for the clarification! Much appreciated. I'm anxious to try out the Slide strap!
01-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Thanks so much for the clarification! Much appreciated. I'm anxious to try out the Slide strap!
One suggestion, when it's brand new it's prone to creasing if you fold it up to store it. Not a huge deal, but I wasn't expecting it.

It's almost like there's a super thin layer of memory foam in the part of the strap that hits your shoulder. So if you store it in your camera bag when not in use, just try to either roll it up, or curl it around the inside of the bag to not put a super sharp crease in the padding.
The crease eventually will ease out of the padding though.

Cheers!