Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
one our best buys is carrying domkes all of a sudden

01-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
one our best buys is carrying domkes all of a sudden
And the F-803 is on sale for only $76.99! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/domke-f-803-camera-satchel-military-green/511820...carousel-modal
01-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I like the unstructured form of the Domke bags. I have a postman shoulder strap for the F-2 and gripper straps and hand straps for the others.
I used the postman shoulder pad for my F-2 for a few years, but even though everyone raves about the shoulder pad, I found three things that were very annoying about it: 1) after two years the foam started to shred. 2) it doesn't work if you use the strap cross-body, and 3) it's heavy. So, I just bought a few pads, and I settled on the Pro Tec Deluxe Neoprene Shoulder Strap Pad: amazon.com: Pro Tec Deluxe Neoprene Shoulder Strap Pad with Non-Slip Backside(SHPAD12): Computers & Accessories?tag=pentaxforums-20& . It's thick and comfortable, and inexpensive. Yes, it doesn't really match the sand color of the bag, but it's black, and it works.

---------- Post added Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Domke. That's all you need to know. Next question!
Indeed, I've had an F-2 for quite some time. I wanted some additional padding, and I don't like the Domke inserts, but I found the Ciesta insert which is actually made for the F-2. It makes the bag much more useful. https://www.amazon.com/Ciesta-Flexible-Camera-Insert-Partition/dp/B00C0OF9K0

Last edited by asharpe; 01-30-2017 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Not Ciera, but Ciesta.
01-30-2017, 11:49 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asharpe Quote
I used the postman shoulder pad for my F-2 for a few years, but even though everyone raves about the shoulder pad, I found three things that were very annoying about it: 1) after two years the foam started to shred. 2) it doesn't work if you use the strap cross-body, and 3) it's heavy. So, I just bought a few pads, and I settled on the Pro Tec Deluxe Neoprene Shoulder Strap Pad: amazon.com: Pro Tec Deluxe Neoprene Shoulder Strap Pad with Non-Slip Backside(SHPAD12): Computers & Accessories?tag=pentaxforums-20& . It's thick and comfortable, and inexpensive. Yes, it doesn't really match the sand color of the bag, but it's black, and it works.

---------- Post added Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:39 PM ----------

Indeed, I've had an F-2 for quite some time. I wanted some additional padding, and I don't like the Domke inserts, but I found the Ciera insert which is actually made for the F-2. It makes the bag much more useful. For some reason, I can't find it on Ebay anymore, but it must be around somewhere, though. Here's a picture of someone that uses it: domke f2 with ciera insert | Demonstration load of Domke F-2? | Flickr
I use soft, but absorbent Frank brand household sponges, packed tightly around equipment in the Domke inserts in my Domke F2 bags. I've used the Frank sponges for many year...used them previously in my LowePro bags and other brand bags. Sometimes I cut them in half, mostly I leave them as is....they're fast and effective to use. My equipment doesn't move around in the bags, with these support sponges.

01-31-2017, 05:16 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
This is my favorite Domke bag I take to work everyday. Mine is black and looks like a work satchel. I like it because my IPAD fits perfectly in the back sleeve and I can take my Pentax K-3 with several lenses or remove everything inside and just take my F*300 telephoto attached to the K-3.

Looking at your great vacation pictures from Europe I really think you need to add a Billingham bag to your repertoire of camera bags. You will fit right in with the locals. Except for those brightly colored "trail hiking shoes"
This is what is really great about the F-803, it is a compact light day bag but if you need to fit a big lens or two, it can handle them.

---------- Post added 01-31-17 at 07:18 PM ----------

This is the one I got, really great price and includes leather trim and the rugged wear canvas. Highly Recommended.
02-01-2017, 12:48 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have the Lowepro Event Messenger 250 and I think its perfect for the ops needs.Its my go to bag when travelling.fits my k-3ii (without grip), 18-135, 55-300,15 ltd + another prime. and its very cheap. front pocket fits a couple of filters, charger and small tripod. external side pockets usually is where the bottles of water go. so its perfect for travelling.
Event Messenger 250 Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases

However im looking to buying the billingham f1.4 since the grip is always attached to my camera and its a very tight fit in the lowepro. So if you're planning on attaching a grip to the k-5 you might need to reconsider.
if not, then you shouldnt think twice
02-01-2017, 06:23 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by schnitzer79 Quote
However im looking to buying the billingham f1.4 since the grip is always attached to my camera and its a very tight fit in the lowepro.
I hope the pictures of my Billingham f/stop 1.4 helped convince you. I use the bag with my K-3 and grip attached all the time. The camera and grip with attached lens has so much more room available than my old bag the Hadley Pro. I think you will like this bag.

02-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I hope the pictures of my Billingham f/stop 1.4 helped convince you. I use the bag with my K-3 and grip attached all the time. The camera and grip with attached lens has so much more room available than my old bag the Hadley Pro. I think you will like this bag.
Yes, I did check both pics and video actually just need some time for the price to sink in. ive also been looking at the lowepro urban reporter 350 which is half the price.
02-02-2017, 04:43 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
UPDATE:

I have very kindly been offered, via PM outside of this thread, a camera bag that was owned but not wanted by another forum member. I have elected to accept this offer.

Nevertheless, I thank you all for your input.
02-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
UPDATE:

I have very kindly been offered, via PM outside of this thread, a camera bag that was owned but not wanted by another forum member. I have elected to accept this offer.

Nevertheless, I thank you all for your input.
Pictures of the camera bag?
02-02-2017, 11:27 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
When I get my hot little hands on it, I will put up a picture of it loaded with relevant goodies.