Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ideas for carrying remote control(s) with tripod?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I've searched & searched for something small to either attach my remote to my Sling Strap, or to my tripod. I've found nothing that will work for me.

Any ideas?

02-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My remote came with a pouch, so I put the viewfinder cover and remote in the pouch, and that goes in my backpack or pocket. B&H sells a Pentax remote with a carabiner, as an alternative.
02-02-2017, 01:42 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
How about a strip of doubled-sided velcro? There's a kind that comes in long rolls with the hooks on the one side and the shag on the other side. If you cut a 1/2" length of it (glue it to the remote), then cut a long length of it (glued to the tripod leg), then you'll have a strap that can wrap securely around the leg and remote which sticks securely to itself.
02-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Get the remote control C set rather than F. This threads into a camera strap.

PENTAX 37366 REMC Wireless Remote Control C | eBay

Ignore references to espio. These work just like the F remote.

02-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
B&H sells a Pentax remote
[Get the remote control C ]

I already have 2 remotes, just receiving my wireless one yesterday! I just wanted some way to attach the wireless one to strap or tripod.

Photooptimist: velcro sounds like an idea I could work with.
02-02-2017, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
How about a strip of doubled-sided velcro? There's a kind that comes in long rolls with the hooks on the one side and the shag on the other side. If you cut a 1/2" length of it (glue it to the remote), then cut a long length of it (glued to the tripod leg), then you'll have a strap that can wrap securely around the leg and remote which sticks securely to itself.
The velcro is a great idea.

I just added a strip of sticky-backed velcro to the back of my Sony remote, and the other bit to the side of a Zenit Photosniper stock - that way I can have the remote on the stock and fire the camera shutter without having to modify the stock's trigger mechanism. It's not ideal, but it works and keeps the equipment original.

Because of your post, I'll add another strip to my tripod. Thanks
02-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Use one of these sd card cases for your IR remote* . these attach to camera bag strap. Perfect size.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-22-Memory-Storage-Holder-Wallet/dp/B01I1I9UGC?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01I1I9UGC&pd_rd_r=RCWXPNSY9F99F7W8YP91&pd_rd_w=TWn3I&pd_rd_wg=kZaNv&psc=1

* I mean the generic wee ones off eg ebay. They work fine I have 3 of 'em.

Last edited by marcusBMG; 02-02-2017 at 03:12 PM. Reason: changed link to amazon USA
02-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
Use one of these sd card cases for your IR remote* . these attach to camera bag strap. Perfect size.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-22-Memory-Storage-Holder-Wallet/dp/B01I1I9UGC?tag=pentaxforums-20&_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01I1I9UGC&pd_rd_r=RCWXPNSY9F99F7W8YP91&pd_rd_w=TWn3I&pd_rd_wg=kZaNv&psc=1

* I mean the generic wee ones off eg ebay. They work fine I have 3 of 'em.
That is quite a bit bulkier than the Pentax Remote Set C.
02-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I've searched & searched for something small to either attach my remote to my Sling Strap, or to my tripod. I've found nothing that will work for me.

Any ideas?
My Induro tripod bag came with a small toolkit that will easily fit a remote and a quick release plate. So when I bought a travel tripod I found a very small and cheap camera case with carabiner that I put around the strap. I had wanted something even smaller but just could not find it, especially since I did not want to pay more that 2 or 3 dollars.
02-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #10
Veteran Member

IR-UI Wireless Remote Control for Canon Nikon Olympus Pentax Samsung Sony Camera

On my camera neck strap all the time.

This a little different and I use it more because I think its smaller

"Remote Control Infrared for Pentax K *ist D Optio A20 30Samsung GX Series 10 20" on ebay

Last edited by honey bo bo; 02-02-2017 at 06:56 PM.
02-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #11
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
" I had wanted something even smaller but just could not find it,"

Yes, I've found that something as small as we want just isn't available. I do have one little zippered bag with belt loops on the back that I can stitch some of the loops up, so that they fit snugly on the upper tripod leg; if I can't find anything else.
02-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #12
Forum Member

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00011CS0S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?t...&ie=UTF8&psc=1
You can try these. Has held my IR remote (2-1/2"x1-1/4"X1/4") strapped to my tripod leg for four years with no trouble. The strap (no adjustment) attached to the pouch wraps around the leg (1" Dia.) the flap attaches by Velcro. To put the pouch on the tripod leg I removed the top twist lock and all the leg extensions,slid the bag over the leg and reinstalled the leg and threaded the lock back on. Being made of neoprene it stretches a little.

https://www.amazon.com/OP-TECH-USA-4701202-Battery/dp/B005E8MVDC/ref=pd_sim_...B8NDSF3WHZ78VD
This one is bigger.

Last edited by theskonesdad; 02-02-2017 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Found a different size
02-03-2017, 03:43 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Don't know about attaching one to tripod, never tried, but, FWIW, mine is on a length of bright pink nylon cord in the form of a loop, which I can temporarily attach anywhere I choose (camera strap, Weston meter, etc), and if (when) I drop it, the pink cord makes it a doddle to find.

T
02-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Do you have a cell phone? I use the DSLR remote app I downloaded for free. Works like a charm. Of course your cell phone has to have IR capability. My Samsung Galaxy S6 does.
02-03-2017, 06:43 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Do you have a cell phone?
Pentax RC App Use Safari for IPhone & Chrome for Android. Takes a little longer to activate but you have Live View, & Vertical view you have shutter, aperture & ISO Adj. Horizontal view you just have LV &shutter release.