Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Twisting his arm...............................Twisting his arm, more.

03-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #17

Original Poster
I'll let you know,...

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Let us know which one, and how you like it, after you use it!
I've got the bag and the plastic filler pellets should arrive today. I'll let you know exactly which one I got and which pellets I used and how they work out. The bag looks like it will be fine, well made, nice design

Jack
03-12-2017, 06:39 AM   #18

Original Poster
Plastic Poly Pellets 5 LBS FREE PRIORITY MAIL Weighted Blankets Shooter Bags | eBay

These are the pellets I used in my bean bag camera support. I like them as they are permanent, unlike beans rice etc.5# filled my bag the way I like it. It can be easily shaped over the raised car window. It really steadies the camera.
For some reason, the URL of the bag itself won't copy for me. I'll try again on a separate reply, or at least give you the eBay description.
Jack
03-12-2017, 08:53 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
A small gorillapod tripod.
On that topic: I've found the largest, longest legged G'pod works great with one leg hooked over a shoulder and two resting on the chest (or even tucked in a shirt pocket). Various attachments to camera or lens possible. Far better than any 'gun-stock' type support I've used. And it can always be used as intended as well -- very versatile.

03-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Setter Dog Quote
Plastic Poly Pellets 5 LBS FREE PRIORITY MAIL Weighted Blankets Shooter Bags | eBay

These are the pellets I used in my bean bag camera support. I like them as they are permanent, unlike beans rice etc.5# filled my bag the way I like it. It can be easily shaped over the raised car window. It really steadies the camera.
For some reason, the URL of the bag itself won't copy for me. I'll try again on a separate reply, or at least give you the eBay description.
Jack
Camera Beanbag Support Large Lenses/Posing Pillow Photography Prop Beanbag | eBay

This is the bag I chose and I really like it. 5# of the pellets fill it to my satisfaction. If you want it very stiff, you'd need more. It works perfectly over a partially raised window. You can fluff it up a bit if you need to. Great bag that I'm enjoying.
Jack
03-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Use cherry stones to avoid plastic and stay lightweight.
Stealth gear works for me and the A* 600mm