Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Here’s updated thoughts to my earlier posting on this thread for you, after many years using a Lowepro Pro35 (like the Magnum), I recently changed in May this year to a Crumpler 750 daily xxl.

It’s in use every day and so far seems tough enough to do the job. Importantly it differs from the Lowepro in the following ways;

It allows me quick access (no fiddly zips to open) to 2 bodies fitted with longish lenses and hoods already mounted, stored vertically within the bag for instant use, plus umpteen other lenses, flashguns and all the other stuff we all lug about “just in case”.

It’s secured with 2 buckle clips, which can be left unsecured because there are also 2 large squares of the loudest Velcro imaginable holding down the main flap (great security unless of course you’re hard of hearing, even then it takes a fair tug to part the Velcro which you really would notice if someone tried it on).

IMHO it certainly looks less camera bag like, compared to some, and certainly attracts less attention. Maybe because of the colour choice I have, which is described as warm grey/ grey black, which really means sort of beige ish.
My apologies for not acknowledging you about your suggestion earlier. I did run a search for that model online and I didn't find one at Adorama, B & H, Amazon or anywhere in the US. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. I'm not too comfortable on ordering anything from overseas.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
If I can, I sit down so I can rest it on my lap. Sometimes I rest it on something else. Sometimes I crouch down and rest it on my lap. If I have to do it standing with no other support, I just hold onto the flap and pull up as I unzip it, the bag comes level and I support it with my other arm leaving the first arm to take the lens out.
That's what I ended up doing too and it wasn't very hard to do. Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I find the slingshot 200 is quite comfy as a shoulder bag for short periods.
Me too.