Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2017, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #1
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Living With A Bean Bag

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Twisting his arm...............................Twisting his arm, more.
A quick recount of my life with a Bean Bag (how sad).

I must admit that the bag detailed in the link below is really a fairly recent and incredibly cheap addition to the Kerrowdown arsenal, it only arrived on the scene when "HM The Queen" (SMC Pentax 500mm F4.5) moved her Winter residence to Castle Kerrowdown.

Large Double True Timber HTC

Now that I have it, I find the other Ladies within the harem have also become quite attached to it, namely “Gorgeous Lady” (Pentax-A* 200mm F2.8 ED) and my “Duchess” (Pentax-A* 300mm F4.0).

It provides rock solid support, while still remaining light to carry around and flexible enough to deal with any situation depending on how you use it. Even to the extent of unhanded support for lens/camera combos while waiting for the action to happen.

03-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I agree. I have three small bean bags in m'bag courtesy of the Tumble Tots website - cheap as chips. Stackable and in many colours...
03-14-2017, 04:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

As I have no lens longer than 200, this is my solution - very light, difficult to mislay, and best of all : 50p at Tiger !

Tony
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix S8000fd  Photo 

Last edited by 35mmfilmfan; 03-14-2017 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Capitalisation
03-14-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But how comfortable is it as an emergency pillow when you need a nap in the field? Let's get to the important question.

And does your wife get confused when you say you are living with a bean bag? It could be just an unkind reference to herself.

03-14-2017, 07:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But how comfortable is it as an emergency pillow when you need a nap in the field? Let's get to the important question.
I usually sleep on the way home not while I'm out - don't want to waste the daylight. And before you panic, I don't drive, I use public transport.

And does your wife get confused when you say you are living with a bean bag? It could be just an unkind reference to herself.
To quote Riff-Raff (Rocky Horror Show) 'The Master is not married, nor do I think he ever will be' !
03-14-2017, 07:16 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But how comfortable is it as an emergency pillow when you need a nap in the field? D
QuoteQuote:
Please do not sit on these Bean bags as the polystyrene balls what are in this bag, will eventually go flatter after time, it is always best to top up the bean bag at some point with adding polystyrene balls to keep the bags shape.
03-14-2017, 07:50 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
But how comfortable is it as an emergency pillow when you need a nap in the field?
Not so good, it's a bit too firm for that sort of use.

And does your wife get confused when you say you are living with a bean bag? It could be just an unkind reference to herself
Nah, Lady Kerrowdown doesn't have any TRUE TIMBER HTC Pattern Camo Waterproof 500D Cordura outfits... so I'm safe.
03-14-2017, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rolled up pieces of foam cushion material (in various suitable firmness) tucked into the cut off tops of orphaned socks works for me. Cheap, expendable and offers some utility for 'widowed' socks too.

'Un-stuffed' sock tops also make nice, protective lens sleeves in the kit bag.

03-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
'Un-stuffed' sock tops also make nice, protective lens sleeves in the kit bag.
I like this idea!
03-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I use Stealth Gear beanbag filled with cherry stones inside. Less plastic and still lightweight.
03-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
filled with cherry stones inside
I'd have a bad case of diarrhoea... getting enough cherry stones to fill mine.