Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-30 - New Batteries Required

Hi All,

I urgently need to buy new batteries for my K-30. Specifically D-LI109. I am based in the UK & they appear to be out of stock everywhere I look. Any suggestions as to where I can get a couple?

Thanks,
Ducky

03-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How about the AA adaptor? Are all brands out of stock? or just the Pentax? I have an after mrket as well as the adaptor. Keeps me from running out of power. How soon do you need a battery?
03-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There seem to be plenty on Amazon. Delivery by tomorrow:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camera-Photo/DSTE-Rechargeable-Battery-Charger-Di...eywords=d-li90

The OEM battery seems prohibitively expensive, so if you wanted to go for that in the long term, maybe place an order at a local store?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you both for your replies.

Adam, the link you sent is for the DLI90, not 109. Would that be risky? I am only asking because a few months ago I ordered a similar after market product that clearly said "compatible with K-30" but the battery didn't even fit in the camera.

Patrick, I did order the AA adaptor as well, but it only lasts for a few minutes in the camera. Again, aftermarket.

I am worried that the problem is with the camera & not with the battery, but I wanted to make sure because fixing the camera would probably be a lot more expensive than buying a new battery.

03-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Try here>Search results for: 'D-LI109'

Or here>http://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/digital-camera/pentax/oem-pno/d-li109--4bd3d...nt_1_VP-4BD3DF

Or here>https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-D-LI109-DL-I109-Warranty-Replacement/dp/B004GV34FC

---------- Post added 03-12-17 at 04:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ducky13 Quote
I am worried that the problem is with the camera & not with the battery, but I wanted to make sure because fixing the camera would probably be a lot more expensive than buying a new battery.
And the problem is?
03-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks John! Last I checked SRS didn't have it in stock, but they do now. I'll get it from there.
03-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ducky13 Quote
I did order the AA adaptor as well, but it only lasts for a few minutes in the camera. Again, aftermarket.
I have the Pentax adapter 4 name brand batteries last about 2/3 the time the OEM battery lasts. I have one after market A Power 2000 it last roughly as long as either of my 2 Pentax batteries .

Hopefully it is just bad batteries and Adapter. I would recommend if it turns out to be Batteries that you replace the adaptor with an original Pentax one.

03-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When you use the AA adapter make sure you have the camera set to the proper type battery or at least auto. Alkaline batteries will not last at all. Lithiums will last longest but are single use. Try eneloop rechargeables for the best experience.
03-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'd second the Eneloops. I would just add go for the Eneloop Pros, they seem to have more capacity than the standard ones. I had a used k100d that I used as a dock to convert an SDM lens to screwdrive. It would only function for any period of time on lithiums or Eneloop Pros.
03-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you all for the replies!