Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2017, 07:00 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Plug for very nice strap maker

A recent thread about camera straps revealed that a lot of the "serious" Pentaxians here rely on the pro-grade straps and other attachment devices available. Nothing wrong with that, if it's important to have quick releases or slings or whatnot.

For those of us who carry the Pentax for fun and want a strap that adds personality to the camera, I recommend a vendor I found on Etsy. She made me 2 straps, one was a custom length and fabric after I got the first one. No quick releases, just a strap, but no one else but me has one like it. They are a perfect fit for my "new" K-01 and my "new" blue K-30. The K-01 I got (with 8 actuations) is not the bumblebee yellow but plain black, so I knew I had to spruce it up a bit. K-01 gets the cow print (appropriate for Wisconsin). The K-30 gets the blue strap, which was made with fabric she offered me from many choices.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass this on and give her a nice review here.

Attached Images

03-17-2017, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #2
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I also noticed this site (Etsy) offers kodak vision 3 film (ram jet movie film) respooled for 35mm still and 120 still cameras. Cannot comment on the quality as I haven't used them for this (yet).
03-17-2017, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice looking straps. I also like my cameras to have a bit of personality .
03-17-2017, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

I wanted to make sure there was no doubt as to what I am shooting with. This was on PF blog not too long ago someone had spotted on Ebay and I had to have it. Paid $30 cdn very well made. But the big deal is it is from before the turn of the Century and it was purchased on sale at Eatons (see box). Eatons for the uniformed was the Retail Bastion in Canada for decades if not a Century. So now I am no longer asked what I am shooting with Only now it's "What is a Pentax?"

Last edited by honey bo bo; 12-20-2017 at 04:24 PM.
03-17-2017, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looking good. If you want quick release for these, you could always purchase anchor clips and hooks from Peak Design, they attach to mostly any strap. so you get personality and convenience.
03-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Looking good. If you want quick release for these, you could always purchase anchor clips and hooks from Peak Design, they attach to mostly any strap. so you get personality and convenience.
Ah, best of both worlds ! Thanks!!!
03-17-2017, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Yours have soft attachments to the Camera rings which I wish mine had - less possible scratching to the body. Too many metal rings on my Antique strap.

---------- Post added 03-17-17 at 02:09 PM ----------

P.S. You may do already ;but I sprayed my strap with a common silicon spray for material to protect it from dirt and grime. I repeat every year or so as well.

03-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
Yours have soft attachments to the Camera rings which I wish mine had - less possible scratching to the body. Too many metal rings on my Antique strap.

---------- Post added 03-17-17 at 02:09 PM ----------

P.S. You may do already ;but I sprayed my strap with a common silicon spray for material to protect it from dirt and grime. I repeat every year or so as well.
Good idea, thanks!