Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
USB OTG Adapter for Android

I wanted to share this because it's I think the cheapest way to transfer files from the camera to an Android phone (probably works with others as well). I'm using a $5 USB OTG micro-USB adapter to connect the camera (K3II) to the phone instead of the computer. Most if not all relatively recent phones should support USB OTG. This is a lot cheaper and probably faster than wifi sd cards ($40-50). The only difference from how I connect to a computer is that instead of powering on the camera after I connected the cable, I need to have the camera on when I connecting. From there it works the same as browsing the phone's SD card, I get to see separately the entire contents on both cards. The camera can't take pictures while in this mode, so it's not a phone tethering solution.

03-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #2

That's a great tool to have when carrying a computer on a trip is not possible!
Look forward to a link to this $5 USB OTG micro-USB adapter you are using.
03-17-2017, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Probably something like this:

amazon.com: Insten Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter Cable: Computers & Accessories?tag=pentaxforums-20&
03-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #4

Thanks, photolady95 (and aaacb)!