Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2017, 02:54 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I haven't tried the scanner yet - but here's some info on the point source vs. ring:

EDIT: I just found the section on GUIDE number
Thanks! Slightly higher than the Yuzo/Nissan flash. Having more manual power settings and slightly easier to find modules are big pluses too. I'll have to keep my eye out for one of these. I wonder if the seller listed the Kiron lens separately too.

04-05-2017, 08:25 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Thanks! Slightly higher than the Yuzo/Nissan flash. Having more manual power settings and slightly easier to find modules are big pluses too. I'll have to keep my eye out for one of these. I wonder if the seller listed the Kiron lens separately too.
It appears that the lens is already sold. Also the ZX-50 that may have been part of the original kit was listed as new as well and is still for sale: Pentax ZX-50 QD 35mm SLR Film Camera 27075041349 | eBay

Here's the listing for the lens which was listed as USED unlike the flash and the camera. It looks like it was in great shape but it has sold already:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lester-Dine-105mm-f-2-8-Macro-Pentax-Mount-Lens-Mint...p2047675.l2557
04-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The scan is 0.51MB too large to upload. I'm new to this so I'm not sure how to trim it.
04-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #19

It appears that the lens is already sold. Also the ZX-50 that may have been part of the original kit was listed as new as well and is still for sale: Pentax ZX-50 QD 35mm SLR Film Camera 27075041349 | eBay

Here's the listing for the lens which was listed as USED unlike the flash and the camera. It looks like it was in great shape but it has sold already:
Lester Dine 105mm f/2.8 Macro Pentax Mount Lens - Mint Condition | eBay
That was a decent price for the lens especially with a Ka mount!

The scan is 0.51MB too large to upload. I'm new to this so I'm not sure how to trim it.
Google drive or some other file sharing site (dropbox) perhaps? Thanks for taking the time. You need a full PDF editor to change the resolution/compression and stuff. I can get the file over to my friend Boggy in the US and he can clean it up and give you credit for the scan. He has lots of Vivitar and Kiron documentations scans on his site.

Home

04-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Try this? Dropbox - Lester_Dine_RingFlash_Model2000_manual.pdf
04-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #21

That worked thanks! Let me take a look at it and I'll give a heads up to Boggy. Can I contact you via email via the forum (profile contact link)?
04-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
That worked thanks! Let me take a look at it and I'll give a heads up to Boggy. Can I contact you via email via the forum (profile contact link)?
I think it works. If not I sent a private message with the info.

04-11-2017, 09:11 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice. I have a Sunpak DX8R which has been outstanding for macro work. I just use it in manual mode, output depends on conditions. It couldn't get much easier once you get a feel for how much "pop" you need.