Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2017, 02:41 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
NiSi filter holder for Sigma 12-24 FF lens?

Hi guys,

one of the complaints about the Sigma 12-24 FF lens is that it does not take any filters. However, today I happened to stumble upon a NiSi Sigma 12-24mm F/4.5-5.6 II Adapter For Nisi 150mm Filter Holder.

Does anybody have experience with this. Would it fit the older Sigma model, which is also available in the Pentax mount? The title says its for the second version of the Sigma, but did they change the lens hood dimensions between the versions?

04-10-2017, 04:57 AM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Several companies now make filter holders for ultra wide angle lenses, though I don't know if any are designed for the version of the Sigma 12-24 that you have. Most of the discussions around here have been for the 15-30 and the same style of mount applies in this case.

It can't hurt to look at all the options available and if you don't find the answer on any of their websites or via the forums you can always contact these manufacturers directly to ask.

So, in addition to Nisi there is also:

Fotodiox - WonderPana ? Tagged "Sigma" ? Fotodiox, Inc. USA
Haida - <p>Haida, Believe We Can...</p>
Lee - The LEE SW150 Mark II Filter System especially designed for a range of popular ultra-wideangle lenses.

Good luck mate.

Tas
04-10-2017, 07:32 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hmm yeah. Maybe I'll give it a shot and lets see how it works.
04-11-2017, 12:11 AM   #4

I use the WonderPana 145 with their multi-coated (both sides) CPL filter on my Olympus Zuiko 7-14mm f/4 lens. The quality is very good; it works very well and seals out extraneous back reflections which the rectangular filter systems may not do as well. The CPL filter adds a warm tone which is easily corrected. I leave it on the lens at all times and it provides extra protection and shading of the bulbous front element even without the filter; however the combo is huge, requires a much bigger case and special care to put on or take off the filter. I think it improves my handling confidence a bit because my left hand can't slip off, however it does tend to block the view through the non-viewfinder eye. Fotodiox has jacked up the price of this product for the new Sigma 12-24 -- I don't know if it's price gouging or what. They also make one for the Tamron 15-30 which they told me also fits the Pentax 15-30. There are additional accessories that adapt rectangular filters (at extra cost).

04-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #5

Original Poster
Just got home from SG and can report that the mentioned NiSi adapter fits perfectly also the version I of the Sigma wide angle lens.
04-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #6
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ppohja Quote
Just got home from SG and can report that the mentioned NiSi adapter fits perfectly also the version I of the Sigma wide angle lens.
That's good to hear mate.

Can I recommend that once you've had the chance to use the adaptor and filters a bit that you add a review here? Filters - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

When the question arises again this information will be easier to find for whoever needs it.

Tas