Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I just hate to have a "makeshift" looking addition to such a beautiful strap
Sorry - what I have been told is a typical 'male' approach - functionality before looks. Neither is right or wrong, just different opinions.

05-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have the original Peak Design clip and it worked perfectly for me... either attached it to my backpack or to my belt. Nowadays I rarely go out without my tripod, so I don't use it. I'd also recommend the Cotton Carrier as it seems to fit your needs, but I've heard that friends don't let friends wear Cotton Carriers
05-10-2017, 09:13 PM - 1 Like   #18
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Update on my Peak strap. Evidentally the "grip" area of the strap, must have cardboard or something in it; as I put it in my backpack case for a couple of days; now there's a permanent bend in the middle of the reinforced grip area. Very disappointing for such an expensive strap. So tonight I went back to my OpTech strap.
05-11-2017, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Evidentally the "grip" area of the strap, must have cardboard or something in it; as I put it in my backpack case for a couple of days; now there's a permanent bend in the middle of the reinforced grip area. Very disappointing for such an expensive strap
What a drag - sorry to hear about that.

05-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you might contact peak to see what they use but i'm guessing some kind of plastic
i'm assuming it sat in your pack with a sharp bend

you could try applying some gentle heat (hair dryer or heat gun) to see if the strap relaxes
05-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #21
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I won't mess with it. If I can't pack it in a case without it bending into a sharp crease, plus the uncomfortable sharp edge that irritates my neck; then it's not worth it to me. I just consider that I'm out $60! As far as contacting Peak, I tried; and even though I had filled everything out for contact, and went thru id'ing which pictures had cars, several times, it still would not process. Sorry Peak, but I'm very disappointed. Others may not have problems with these issues, so each has to choose what works best for them. Sadly, Peak isn't the one for me.

Live & learn. I'll stick with OpTech. They are located 90 miles from me; so a Montana company.

Last edited by csa; 05-12-2017 at 11:36 AM.