Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
05-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Check the Domke Journalist Chronicle. At full price it runs about $259 USD, but Adorama and B&H often have selected colors or material types on sale for a lot less. I got a black rugged wear canvas version for $129 and could not find a better medium to large bag for the price. If you prefer nylon to canvas you can get it that way also.

06-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #17
Pentaxian

The Lowepro Magnum 200 AW Shoulder Bag is a good option. Very well made and can carry an amazing amount of gear. Typical of Lowepro, the quality is very high and it's well padded to protect your gear from bumps and drops.

If that bag seems too big the Lowepro Nova AW 190 might work but it will be a tight fit.

Lowepro Magnum 200 AW Shoulder Bag LP36053 B&H Photo Video
Attached Images

Last edited by Theov39; 06-08-2017 at 07:16 PM.
06-06-2017, 09:42 PM   #18
Pentaxian

I use one of my Domke F2 Original bags to carry my K-1 and 3 lenses or more. Works well.
06-07-2017, 05:27 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you want inexpensive, ergonomics will indeed be limited. I hear a lot of good things about the various AmazonBasics bags, be it a backpack or a messenger.

If you want a truly good bag, then you'll pay more but have more options.

The best messengers I've tested are the

Timbuk2 snoop messenger (small would work, it appears to be discontinued but can be found online, or assembled via their insert and regular messenger bag)
Peak Design everyday messenger
Think Tank Signature 13

The latter two are more expensive but impressive. You could also consider the Peak Design everyday Sling, though it could be a tight fit. I could perform some tests at home based on the size of the lenses you mention. The Think Tank retrospective also receive great praise, I personally find them too deep and not wide enough. Tenba also make a few interesting options.

For a backpack, simply to carry gear Think Tank have many, many options, one interesting is the Perception Pro, which might be a bit small for FF equipment. Many companies offer the classic "backpack with dividers" option, there's always that. I'm more familiar with hiking backpacks so I'll refrain from commenting more except if you are interested in that.

06-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #20

k-1; 15-30mm f/2.8; 24-70mm f/2.8; Rokkinon 85mm f/1.4

These bag are what i use to carry my camera.
Think tank retrospective 5 - K1 with 24-70 2.8 attached - one lens set up.
Think tank urban disguise 40 - K1 with 1 lens attached, plus two pocket for lens/flash - three lens set up.
Tenba Roadie dslr/video backpack - its big enough that i can literally bring everything with me plus some clothing for vacation...lol
06-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #21
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Since this is a storage solution for your car have you thought of getting a pelican case and a bag that you can load as needed?
06-07-2017, 04:05 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tenba Camera Bags, Digital Camera Bag for Professional Photographers by Tenba makes some really well made bags that will last for years. Some of them have the water-proof option. You might not think a water proof bag is that important with an all weather K1, but some of the other stuff in that bag like lenses might not be water proof. I remember getting caught in a wicked storm while I was in the middle of nowhere(wild life refuge) The bag I was carrying did nothing to hold the rain back. I had to run from tree to tree hoping that I did not get hit by lightning to save my gear ... That's when I said I definitely need a water-proof bag.

06-08-2017, 05:34 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You might be able to squeeze that mess into a Domke F-6.
It's a nice bag. Check measurements and try before you buy.

Chris
07-19-2017, 02:44 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Canon Deluxe Backpack 200 EG
Never buy this Canon Backpack, as it may unzip on it's own (no straps securing main flap) with all of your $$$ stuff falling on the floor.
On the contrary, Canon 1EG gear bag is very well made, with all-metal clips etc., recommended.

BTW I find Lowepro Flipside (they make different sizes) as a backpack which I use most often (as this is the only bag I own which houses K-3 with 2.8/50-135 lens with hood (!) & AF-540FGZ attached (!!) for fast action + two more lenses). Buy it from Far East, the price incl. shipment is like fake, the item is like genuine.

-----
QuoteOriginally posted by Theov39 Quote
Lowepro Magnum 200 AW Shoulder Bag is a good option. Very well made and can carry an amazing amount of gear. Typical of Lowepro, the quality is very high and it's well padded to protect your gear from bumps and drops.
Magnum is VERY huge, I ordered that online and my jaw dropped, I can't manage to fill it with the stuff
I use Lowepro Stealth Reporter to keep Pentax lenses (very neat and houses six including 2.8/200 and 2.8/50-135, incredible).

Last edited by Prakticant; 07-19-2017 at 03:10 AM.
08-25-2017, 10:21 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Thinktank speed freak (V2). Carries K1 with battery pack attached and 24-70 mounted. Total height covers 70-200 D-FA (not attached)... waist and shoulder belt - that is what I like most about the design. Stands upright.
08-31-2017, 03:14 PM   #26

I've had some "normal" and slings. I have setled to this:
Photo-Recon? - Camera Bags - Tactical Gear - Hazard 4

I like it and I have something like five Sigma pouches with lenses inside it.
10-21-2017, 11:56 PM   #27
Pentaxian

After many years of using different camera bags...I have found my favourite of all time. The Domke F-2 Original, It will carry a body and 3 lenses...and more.

Here it be:

Domke F-2 Original Shoulder Bag (Sand) 700-02S B&H Photo Video

I have two, One is black, the other olive green. K-1 in one bag and K5 in the other. I colour code my bags for the different bodies,,,so when leaving I know which is which and grab the appropriate bag with the equipment I need.
10-22-2017, 01:41 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I use a Domke F3-x with the included hand carry strap for a K-1, the three FA Limiteds, the D FA28~105, AF540FGZ and a couple spare batteries. There are two internal lens pockets and a divider to separate the camera from the 28~105 stowed horizontally. The flash and batteries are in the two external pockets. I'm confident you can fit your camera and three lenses in this bag with room to spare.

I also own a LowePro AW100 sling bag that can handle two additional short primes or a 70~200 mounted and the aforementioned 4 lenses.
[EDIT]: I now have two F3-X bags. I carry -
  1. K-1 | all three FA Limiteds and D FA24~70 with a padded insert and 540FGZ
  2. KP | all five DA Limiteds and D FA28~105 without a padded insert and 360FGZ
10-24-2017, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
After many years of using different camera bags...I have found my favourite of all time. The Domke F-2 Original, It will carry a body and 3 lenses...and more.

Here it be:

Domke F-2 Original Shoulder Bag (Sand) 700-02S B&H Photo Video

I have two, One is black, the other olive green. K-1 in one bag and K5 in the other. I colour code my bags for the different bodies,,,so when leaving I know which is which and grab the appropriate bag with the equipment I need.
I briefly had a Domke F2, my wife quickly seized it for herself.
10-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I briefly had a Domke F2, my wife quickly seized it for herself.
Fortunately for me, my wife isn't a shutterbug like me. Your wife has a discerning eye and good taste when it comes to camera bags.