Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Wireless Trigger for Pentax K70

Hi folks!!!

I've got K70 and I'm trying to connect it with my set of strobe lights. As K70 has no input for sync cable, I have to buy something to connect the two.
Does anyone have advice or guideline what to buy?
I found this (type "Godox RT-16 channel Wireless Studio Strobe Flash Trigger for Canon Nikon Pentax" on eBay) on eBay (sorry, can't/don't know how to insert the link)

Is this what I'm looking for? The seller is not really reliable so I'm gonna look elswhere...where, what?
Thanks for help

05-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are quite a few wireless triggers that will work with varying degrees of quality and range and features.

I have been using Cactus v5 units with my studio strobes for several years with very good success. I just added a Cactus v6 and RF60 flash to the mix and that also is working well.

I'm not familiar with the Godox brand though that price seems very attractive. Maybe too attractive?. Hopefully someone that uses them will weigh in.
05-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

If you only need to connect a sync cable directly to the camera, you can get a PC to hot shoe adapter for less than 10$. If you want to go wireless, a set of NPT-04 trigger will do the job for about 30$. The NPT-04 has a cable input on the receiver...