Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remote Shutter Cable for K-3II

What remote shutter cable can connect the K-3II to a Cactus V5 transceiver to enable remote shutter triggering by another V5 transceiver? I am awaiting some V5s and do not know if they come with that type cable or not, so I am checking. I am thinking that the connectors would be 3.5mm and 2.5mm, but am not sure. Any recommendations for a cable that would allow/enable AF and shutter trigger functions in the wireless scenario I mentioned (K-3II, 2 Cactus V-5 units) would be appreciated.

Last edited by C_Jones; 06-02-2017 at 09:34 PM.
06-03-2017, 02:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I think from their website you should get the information of the connector type. My guess is 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm for the camera.
As to AF and Shutter, you can make the settings in the camera.
Sometimes you might not want AF when you half press as you might actually be sure where it is focusing.
I think if you disable AF from the shutter release button and use the back button for AF that also prevents AF when using a trigger.

Culture.
06-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
I think from their website you should get the information of the connector type. My guess is 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm for the camera.
As to AF and Shutter, you can make the settings in the camera.
Sometimes you might not want AF when you half press as you might actually be sure where it is focusing.
I think if you disable AF from the shutter release button and use the back button for AF that also prevents AF when using a trigger.

Culture.
Thanks.
06-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Does anyone know what cable has been successfully used with the K-3II and Cactus V5 to enable wireless shutter release with two V5 units?