Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2017, 04:48 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-1 L Bracket

I purchased an L-plate for the K-1. Found this one on Amazon. It's an ishoot "Vertical Quick Release Plate L Bracket" made in China. The fit seems fine, i can access the battery port and tie on my peak design connectors. It just came in the mail so i'll see how it hold's up.

06-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Let us know how it works out for you.
06-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Let us know how it works out for you.
Will do, unfortunately the weather is is all rain for the weekend so it be a bit. It does fit fine in my Desmond head both horizontally and vertically, and it's comfortable with my peakdesign slide strap.
07-16-2017, 01:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Is that a Arca-Swiss mount or Manfrotto?

07-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Theov39 Quote
Is that a Arca-Swiss mount or Manfrotto?
It's an Arca Swiss mount
07-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Thanks for that.
09-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #7

How has it been working out for you? I'm currently looking for an L bracket for my K-1.

09-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I'm also considering getting one. I saw few people rocking RRS brackets, but those run 120$ for the kit, is there a huge difference compared to the cheaper options on Amazon?
09-10-2017, 08:00 PM - 2 Likes   #9

Nearest I can tell, all of the universal ones either block access to the battery compartment, the side ports, or both. I may just have found a cheaper solution. While searching for L brackets specifically made for the K-1, I came across this one.

Genesis PLL-K1 - ?L?- type quick release plate for Pentax K-1 - Foto-Tip

Unfortunately it's only available in Europe, and shipping is around $30. Even so, it's still about half the price of the RRS or Kirk brand. I went ahead and ordered one. I'll update when I receive it.
09-13-2017, 08:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I got this one. Slightly stick out vertically and hard to open the vertical door, but I never use HDMI, or DC adapter so doesn't matter, Battery door opens up. can't beat the price. appears to be solid.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0751CL9KT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?t...&ie=UTF8&psc=1
09-14-2017, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dirtfisher Quote
Nearest I can tell, all of the universal ones either block access to the battery compartment, the side ports, or both. I may just have found a cheaper solution. While searching for L brackets specifically made for the K-1, I came across this one.

Genesis PLL-K1 - ?L?- type quick release plate for Pentax K-1 - Foto-Tip

Unfortunately it's only available in Europe, and shipping is around $30. Even so, it's still about half the price of the RRS or Kirk brand. I went ahead and ordered one. I'll update when I receive it.

Thanks for the tip Dirtfisher. I ordered it because of your post and it arrived today. If you live in Europe don't bother getting a RRS or Kirk. Just get this one and be happy. It's very well made, solid, fits both my K-1 and my Sirui head perfectly tight and allows access to the side ports and battery door. And you get all this for not even half the price of RRS and Kirk. Also the Polish shop has great customer service. They shipped the bracket just two hours after my order and they sent me an email for every step of the order/packing/shipping progress.

If you guys are interested I can post some pictures of it tomorrow.

Last edited by alpheios; 09-14-2017 at 07:49 AM.
09-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Is it possible to attach Peak Design anchors for the slide strap system to this polish L bracket? It looks solid, and even with shipping costs it's cheaper than RRS
09-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Is it possible to attach Peak Design anchors for the slide strap system to this polish L bracket? It looks solid, and even with shipping costs it's cheaper than RRS
It does have the standard 1/4" thread on the bottom so you could screw the anchor mount plate to the bracket.
09-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alpheios Quote
It does have the standard 1/4" thread on the bottom so you could screw the anchor mount plate to the bracket.
Mm, I'd prefer to attach the anchors to the bracket itself, I'd imagine the little anchor plate would stick out and annoy me lol
09-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Mm, I'd prefer to attach the anchors to the bracket itself, I'd imagine the little anchor plate would stick out and annoy me lol
Yeah it probably would annoy you because you would have to take it off to use it on a tripod. I have a Blackrapid strap that I screw and unscrew to the bottom thread every time I use it so this is not an issue for me. There is a little screw at one side that I don't know the purpose of. Maybe that could be used somehow. I'm not at home right now so I can't take a picture of the bottom but here is a link to a different shop with a bottom picture. Genesis PLL-K1- p?ytka typu ?L? z mocowaniem Arca-Swiss - Penax K1