Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #1

Which PENTAX Diopter-Adjustment Correction Lens Adapter for a KX?

So this weekend I went with a friend to do some outdoor shooting. I've always had issues trying to get things in focus when using my older K-mount lenses on my Pentax KX. So today I started researching the Diopter Adapters for my Pentax KX, but I'm not sure of which "Diopter" I need. I wear +2.00 reading glasses, but I also know that there's a "Diopter Adjustment" on the KX view finder but it doesn't seem to be of a strong enough power for my needs, so I'm in search of what I can do to shoot "In Focus" with ALL my Pentax lenses.

Also, after your experts here help me to determine which "Diopter" Correction lens adapter I need, how do I set up the view finder to be in sync/focus with my lenses. Can it be set so it focuses with all my lenses, or do I need to change

Any information is greatly appreciated as I've always shooting with manual lenses, and the few that I have are good ole' Ashia Pentax glass.

Thanks,
David

06-26-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is you camera the film era KX or the digital era K-x?
I use the Magnifier eyecup, O-ME53 on my Pentax's.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/pentax-magnifier-eyecup-o-me53.html

It helps a lot with manual focusing.
06-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #3

If you are talking about about the K-x DSLR the specifications on the built-in diopter is about -2.5 to +1.5 so the minimum you would need is +0.5.

You could try searching eBay for PENTAX Diopter Correction Lens Adapter M which will fit on the K-x. I'm not sure about the film KX - might be a loose fit if that uses the K eyepieces.

There are 8 of these eyepieces from -5 to +3.
07-02-2017, 07:13 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the information, "YES!" my camera is the Pentax K-X DSLR. I love the camera for my level of photography, but the focusing issue with my older ASHIA Pentax lenses I have for my Film SLR is driving me nuts. While we're on the subject, I received a hood for the LCD viewfinder for Christmas and I have the same issues with focusing.

Thanks again for your advice,
David

07-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go to a store that sells reading glasses and experiment to see what combination of diopter for VF and glasses works best.