Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Which Filter Lee vs Nisi vs Haida

Hi,

I am working on expanding my landscape photography and would like to try out graduated ND filter and be able to stack multiple filters. I am planning to purchase 15-30mm lens which requires 150mm filter system.
Which of the above system do you recommend and why?

Thank you,
Derek

08-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This thread might have some information that will help: Pentax D FA 15-30mm filter system - PentaxForums.com
08-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I read and heard good things about this brand, which you might want to check out... Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.
08-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Take a look at the Fotodiox Wonderpana 66 system. They make a threaded multi-coated CPL and ND filters that screw into their adapter for the D FA 15-30. This adapter also can hold the square/rectangular ND filters, and you can stack one of the square filters while using the CPL or round ND. There are a couple combinations you can buy things in, so price the pieces carefully. Look at the kit that has the round mount and square mount and lens cap, and then add your NDs and CPL.

Mounting for circular and 6.6" square:

FotodioX WonderPana FreeArc Core Unit WNDPNFA66CORE-KIT-TMR1530

and this gives a combination of kits:

| B&H Photo Video

note that they make a CPL that is not multi-coated and is bundled with the circular mount, and from what I can tell based on reading reviews, the multi-coated one is much better regarding flare. I went with the mc one, and so far pretty happy with it.

08-10-2017, 05:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have very good experiences with the nisi filters. Not too expensive & quite neutral.
Can't speak for Haida nor Lee..
08-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grispie Quote
I have very good experiences with the nisi filters. Not too expensive & quite neutral.
Can't speak for Haida nor Lee..
Thank you for your note.
With Nisi filter, are you able to put the lens cap on?
08-10-2017, 10:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_WA Quote
With Nisi filter, are you able to put the lens cap on?
Nop, i use the nisi v5 holder for my da12 24. depends on the lens & holder i guess.
the filters themselves are nice. no color casts whatsoever..

As someone mentioned above, a friend of mine is also very happy with formatt-hitech...