QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I must be the odd one out.
Yes. But I do exactly the same.

08-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I must be the odd one out.

I've tried a few different straps but have ended up using the original. Never as a neck strap, though. Either over a shoulder or, more often, wrapped three times around my wrist. The wrist wrap makes for a snug fit that supports the camera nicely. Not suited for heavy lenses, but I've walked for hours with a K-3 and DA55-300.
Honestly I was okay with the K5 original strap and had never really thought about it (well, that 60-250 did make me think about it sometimes) but the lining (underside) deteriorated and began rubbing off on my clothes - leaving what looked like rubber treadmarks.

However I would never use anything as a shoulder strap alone - too easy for it to slip off. I do wrap the strap around my wrist sometimes, but not the entire strap, so this strap would work for that as well.

Last edited by tibbitts; 08-19-2017 at 02:39 PM.
08-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #18
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the nice thing about my set up:

Utility Sling - Neoprene Quick Release Camera Shoulder Strap | OP/TECH USA + joby Camera Hand Strap | Ultra Fit Hand Strap With Ultra Plate

is that I can quickly detach the sling with the clip and have only the hand strap on the camera.

likewise, I can use the hand strap to support the camera and lens while also using the strap

or I can let go of the hand grip and let the strap alone take the weight of the camera and lens.

" variety is the spice of life " someone said.

the only down side is that I must use an " Allen " hex wrench to release the ultra plate to change the battery in the camera body.

Since I use the camera grip, with its own battery, I usually don't have to mess with the battery in the camera body while in the field.