Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #1

what brand wifi card would you recommend for my K1 ? is there any maz size for it ?

I just got this new camera and want to buy 2 wifi cards .
would any of you recommend a specific brand based on reliability ?
What is the minimum speed rating one should buy ?
and advice on capacity ?

Is this any good ?
One of my friends admonished me for being lazy to carry a usb cable to save it to my laptop .

any word is welcome .
Thansk
Brando .

08-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #2

The Pentax K1 already have wifi functionality, no need for an extra wifi card.
08-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brando Quote
I just got this new camera and want to buy 2 wifi cards .
would any of you recommend a specific brand based on reliability ?
What is the minimum speed rating one should buy ?
and advice on capacity ?

Is this any good ?
One of my friends admonished me for being lazy to carry a usb cable to save it to my laptop .

any word is welcome .
Thansk
Brando .
Yup, use the integrated Wi-Fi along with either the Image Sync app for iOS/andriod, or this for your PC:

K-S2 wifi with laptop? - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com

If you want to transfer files quickly it's a good idea to shoot smaller JPEGs in RAW+.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-21-2017, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

For PC use this app

My Pentax wifi remote software - PentaxForums.com which works with k1 as well. It is a derivative of the ks2 program. Works with every Pentax dslr after K3-II.

Download: http://www.wirelessmayday.info/download/pentax_wifi_remote_beta.zip Password: safox.X .

RONC

08-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe some cards will refuse to work in the K1 as well. The Pentax FluCard does not work.
I believe the EyeFi Mofi card I had also did not work. The older EyeFi are pretty much End Of Lifed, so not worth looking at.
Which is too bad, as the offensively slow WiFi in the K1 is insulting and being able to use a faster WiFi card would be a nice option.