Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Plug for a Product

It's probably not thought of too highly to be plugging a product on this forum, but I have to put in a good word for one I came across. The story goes - I purchased a new Pentax K-1 and was looking for an LCD protector for it. I didn't want anything plastic because of plastic's tendency to pick up scratches over time. Several suggestions were given in this forum, but didn't pan out - some weren't available in the US and one company didn't reply to my inquiry about their products.

I was looking on Amazon and came across the Expert Shield Glass protector and ordered it. It was indeed glass, and installed on my K-1 without a hitch. The instructions were concise and clear, and their technical help was readily available if mistakes were made. It came in a rigid case with a microfiber cleaning cloth, and a lifetime warranty against defects. In place, it's almost invisible and hasn't scratched yet.

Shortly thereafter, I purchased a Pentax K-01 to be converted to full spectrum (that's another recommendation I can make - Isaac Szabo does great conversion work) and wanted a protector for it. Expert Shield didn't list one so I contacted their website. I got super-quick reply from Anne in their customer service who asked for the dimensions of the K-01 screen. As soon as I provided those, she replied and said they had a screen she believed would work and could send one for me to try out. That worked for me, and they sent the screen on a trial basis - it fit perfectly, and they invoiced me after-the-fact with a discount. All though this, Anne sent me e-mail instructions for the installation and hints for getting a good application (which I didn't need since I had the previous K-1 package but appreciated anyway). In any case, they provided outstanding service I don't see too often these days.

To top it off after I sent payment, Anne sent me a discount coupon for another screen (which I think I'll use for a spare).

I think they're a small company. The screens are made in Japan and they market them. They also have plastic screen protectors as well. Amazon is a good place to find them, but they also sell directly through their website:

Expert Shield Screen Protectors

On their website, they offer videos that guide installation and are well worth watching even if you don't use their product.

An LCD protector is the first thing I get when I buy a device with a screen although some devices now have tempered glass screens from the gitgo, but even then, I like to have an extra layer in place just in case something bumps around in the carrying case and grinds against the LCD screen. It's easier to replace a protector than to have an ugly scratch on the screen you use, or to send the device in for a new display ($$). Expert Shield has my four thumbs up (whoops, I only have two but that's ok - I'll borrow a couple more) .

Last edited by Bob 256; 09-09-2017 at 07:39 AM.
09-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I bought an Expert Shield "original" ...ie plastic protector 10 months ago for my K1. Still scratch free. They seem a quality manufacturer...I will buy from them again...maybe try the GLASS one next.