Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #16
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Thanks. Great thread. Probably saved me from doing something stupid like purchasing an auto bellows in mint condition... without the release cables. Heh.

ive been searching for a double cable release but haven't put much effort into it since I mostly use my bellows with the digital.

08-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
ive been searching for a double cable release but haven't put much effort into it since I mostly use my bellows with the digital.
I have thought about making one. The only things is both my Pentax bellows are the Bellows and Bellows II and not the auto versions so it wouldn't do me any good.
11-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Location: Living in Vancouver, BC, born in Melbourne Australia
Photos: Albums
I can pick a pair of these up for $20 locally.
I'm using a K10d?
Useful, useless?
Should I just grab them?

What other equipment do I need to use them? i could quite understand the threads about the double cable release. Do I need that for digital?

Cheers
Andrew
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lats Quote
I can pick a pair of these up for $20 locally.
I'm using a K10d?
Useful, useless?
Should I just grab them?

What other equipment do I need to use them? i could quite understand the threads about the double cable release. Do I need that for digital?

Cheers
Andrew
The double release won't help you with your K10d, don't worry about it. A common single one may be convenient for viewing, but won't release the shutter. If it's a screw-mount bellows, you'll want a K-mount adapter to connect it to your camera with, and also, if you have a grip on your K10d, that'll have to come off so it'll all fit up. A short macro extension tube (this can be either K or screwmount) will enable you to mount the camera without removing the grip, though the range of motion will still be limited.

Obviously, for a screwmount bellows, you'll also need a screwmount lens to go with.

If you don't have a genuine Pentax adapter already, (and don't want to shell out for one,) I suggest, among the cheap kinds, the sort with a broad flange that'll go between the lens mount and lens. (You'd lose infinity focus with a regular lens, using this, but in macro you'll never notice, and the cheap ones that try to fit just inside the lens mount aren't worth hassling with. )

So happens Geauxpez gave me the very bellows mentioned in this thread. 20 dollars is certainly a good price, we can help you work out the rest no prob.

11-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
lats: by "pair of these" are you referring to a double cable release or the bellows? If it is the release, as RML said, it is useless with the K10d. It is quite helpful with a film camera that accepts a threaded release and the bellows unit, though. I have an Asahi Pentax double release sitting in a drawer with no bellows to use it on. Go figure.

Oh -- interesting thing: The A. Schacht 90mm German zebra lens that I will get around to posting for sale sooner or later has a threaded port on the rear of the lens for a release so it can be used on any kind of bellows. I have never seen another lens with that feature built in.

The port for the release is on the lower left side of the lens in this photo.