Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #31
Veteran Member

I don’t like pinch on caps. I’ve lost far too many because I thought it was on straight, but it wasn’t and the cap pops off at the slightest shock, usually when I’m not looking. The push on cap of the DA21 I don’t entirely trust. It’s never fallen off, but it doesn’t seem terribly reliable. I love the hood and cap on my DA40 Limited so much I bought identical bits (not pentax branded) for my two 50s and my 28. It doesn’t seem to vignette even on the 28, though I’m on APS-C.

01-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #32
Pentaxian

I have a screw in cap for my 40mm Pentax Limited. It takes more time to take it on and off, but not a lot more time. I like it's build quality and the little Pentax name imprinted on the inner surface. But I think I would prefer a flock lined...friction fit... metal lens cap, like that on my Pentax 10-17 Fisheye lens...much faster and still a lovely piece of work.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bolt, cap, caps, collision, hood, lens, metal, screw, screw on lens, threads, tripod