Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #1

Best rechargeable Bateries.

I think that I might need some help with finding a better rechargeable than what I have now. I am currently using Energizer Rechargeable AA 2500 mAH batteries. The are alright, but the life quality of them is pretty short. I can shoot for maybe an hour and then they are done. I've looked into grips and also tried looking for other batteries, but there is no information on any of them. What are you guys using right now and is it worth spending cash on? If any of you guys are using rechargeable batteries, what brand and are they any good?

08-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I use sanyo eneloops. I have 36 AA's and 12 AAA's and I love 'em.

Hold a charge forever (dormant) and battery life in my stobes is very good. Need to charge them slowly though....so a good charger is a must.
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sanyo Eneloops, 'nuff said !! I use them in my K110D, and they last a long time, plus, they do not lose their charge just sitting in the camera. They are "low self discharge" batteries. A little more expensive than the Energizers, but WELL worth the difference in price. Also would suggest buying a good charger.
08-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Best rechargeable are the ones you didn't forget to recharge

Like the title says, the best are the ones yoou actually remembered to recharge.

I have 8 sets from 6 different manufacturers, they all work fine in my flasges and *istD. While they don;t hold a charge as long in dormant state as the custom battery in my K10D, they have been pretty good all round.

08-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

eneloops with a Maha charger
08-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Duracell 2650mah - sold anywhere - may they do not keep the charge as long as eneloops - but then I do not use them only once a year and they can keep enough juice for several weeks ...
08-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Sanyo Eneloops. Can't beat them in my book. They hold a charge so you can grab the camera and go without worrying about dead batteries from sitting too long. hhgregg has good prices if they're in your area.

08-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Eneloops with a Lacrosse Battery Charger (bc 900). The only downside is the mah rating of the Eneloops compared to other NiMH. I hear eneloops are coming in D and C sizes soon. Although, I think the Lacrosse charger comes with C and D converters for AA's.
08-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery
Eneloops
I went to Brazil during spring break and charged them there last time, used them there, after coming back few times here and there and and they last me until end of July.......
08-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #10
bkc

QuoteOriginally posted by superbass Quote
Eneloops with a Lacrosse Battery Charger (bc 900). The only downside is the mah rating of the Eneloops compared to other NiMH. I hear eneloops are coming in D and C sizes soon. Although, I think the Lacrosse charger comes with C and D converters for AA's.
costco sells the eneloop super packs with c & d converters plus its own charger.
08-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
After a lot of frustration, I gave up on Energizers. I bought some Rayovac Hybrids and they are excellent. I now have a battery grip, but with the Hybrids, I know I always have a backup in the bag. They don't self-discharge like the Energizers.
08-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by superbass Quote
Eneloops with a Lacrosse Battery Charger
+1 for Lacrosse charger, it's what I use as well.
08-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eneloop/Maha

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
eneloops with a Maha charger
I'll 2nd that. I used to use Maha batteries, but they were hard to get and the energisers were just as good and local. However, we have used the ps camera less and less since getting the K10d. I got a set of eneloops and have not looked back. From what I remember looking a few months ago, teh Maha chargers are still well regarded. If you were getting them, I would get 2-3 sets just in case. Or, I can sell you some Energizers cheap!

PS. I am sure that other brands of the hybrid NiMH batteries are also good. Rayovac makes some, so does kodak. I read somewhere that there were only 2 or 3 companies that make these, so they probably all come from the same source.
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I have heard a lot about Eneloops, but I am using Panasonic 2700mAh rechargable AA's in all my flashes and they are exceptional. They hold charge for ages and last just as long. Over 400 fires at full power in my EF-500 Super and they were still going (albeit slowing to recycle).
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #15

You didn't mention what charger you use? Those quick chargers kill batteries. Also, most will quit charging when the first one is full..leaving the other 3 lacking. You want chargers that take a good hour..they keep the battery cool.....

The brands mentioned above are all good, and Sony makes one also, its a simple white unit that gives you a read of all 4 cells on a LCD. Also has a refresh mode to help save underperfoming and abused batteries. For under $30 mine came with 4 Sony 2750mAh Hybrid batteries. I also picked up a set of Rayovac Hybrids that are like Enelops...they are 2200mAh and can last months (80% charge after 6 months). Not had to charge any of them yet in the 2 months I've have my camera.... (I keep all 8 in the camera/grip)