Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
Damn Brit

Light Tents

Any one bought equipment from this company?
Any other brands you can recommend?
http://www.obnphoto.com/

Last edited by Damn Brit; 08-27-2008 at 12:20 AM.
08-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
Igilligan

Hey Gary... what is the company?
08-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Hey Gary... what is the company?
I do it every time updated original post, thanks Gus.
08-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DIY

I made one for about $1, since I had to purchase a piece of poster paper.

08-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
DIY

I made one for about $1, since I had to purchase a piece of poster paper.
I think I would probably get the lights etc go with it, doubt if you could DIY the whole set up for a dollar.
08-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

cheaper on ebay for the same thing,

or cheaper to make your own, and buy two cheap desklamps with highest wattage globes you can get (philips tornado compact fluro have some at around 5600k kelvin).

personally go flashes for lights for higher sync speeds though.
08-27-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
Veteran Member

No haven't bought from them but other than DIY tent, i was going to suggesting getting those pop up ones like they sell, if you're doing small objects.

08-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I think I would probably get the lights etc go with it, doubt if you could DIY the whole set up for a dollar.
I don't know if I fudged the $1 number, I'll leave that for everyone to judge

My materials I had:
20^3 inch box
Utility knife
Scotch tape
Sharpie

Debatable:
White cloth (my mom gave it to me)
Flash (already owned)
Wireless flash trigger (already owned)

Materials I bought:
Poster paper

Basically, I cut off the top lids, cut off a portion of the front, and cut off the sides so the cloth would "drape" over. Then I cut slots for the tape, and trimmed the paper down to size. Taped it down in the top slots. I will tape the cloth down once I find a more permanent place for it.

I put the camera (or flash) on the tripod and hold the other. It would be a lot better with another flash from the side, etc...but I can create shadows if I want.

I used to use a lamp but it wasn't bright enough to shine through the cloth since I wanted the diffused look.

Here's a pic of the setup (camera goes on the tripod, and flash would be hand-held to shoot through the fabric, but I need something to take the picture with

Example:
08-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
I don't know if I fudged the $1 number, I'll leave that for everyone to judge

My materials I had:
20^3 inch box
Utility knife
Scotch tape
Sharpie

Debatable:
White cloth (my mom gave it to me)
Flash (already owned)
Wireless flash trigger (already owned)

Materials I bought:
Poster paper

Basically, I cut off the top lids, cut off a portion of the front, and cut off the sides so the cloth would "drape" over. Then I cut slots for the tape, and trimmed the paper down to size. Taped it down in the top slots. I will tape the cloth down once I find a more permanent place for it.

I put the camera (or flash) on the tripod and hold the other. It would be a lot better with another flash from the side, etc...but I can create shadows if I want.

I used to use a lamp but it wasn't bright enough to shine through the cloth since I wanted the diffused look.

Here's a pic of the setup (camera goes on the tripod, and flash would be hand-held to shoot through the fabric, but I need something to take the picture with

Example:
Don't let Morbo see that one.
08-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Don't let Morbo see that one.
Haha, best toy ever made! Still have all mine even though I haven't bought any since I was about 13. Some of those Technics are amazing
08-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

With a lamp on either side, you'd get rid of that shadow. Unless it's something you're going to do a LOT of (eBay, jewelry, product photos), I'd go with a cheap setup. You can make them out of cardboard, milk crates, or PVC.