Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #1

WANTED: Backup K10D battery charger & battery.

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I've forgotten my battery & charger at work one too many times, and I'm looking to acquire a spare battery & charger to keep at home.

I tried doing a little research on Amazon but there seem to be a bunch of no-name brands and weird chargers, and I'd rather buy something that someone that I know (on a forum) has tried than just buying something random and hoping it works.

Can anyone suggest good chargers & batteries?
I'm primarily interested in a wall charger, but if it also has a car charger adapter that would be awesome.

Thanks!

08-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I bought the CTA MR-NP400 Mini Battery Charger for Minolta NP-400 because of the car charger, folding plug, and EU converter. For US $12.95 and free shipping it really can't be beat.

It is a bit fatter than the Pentax charger, but no AC cord for the wall socket so it takes up less room when traveling.

I plan to get a couple more so that I can leave one in the car, one in the office, and still have the one in the bag. I'll leave the Pentax charger at home to lessen my chances of losing it.

Thank you
Russell
08-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion, Russell!

$13 is a great price for a charger, about half of the price of the other one I was looking at.
At this price I'll probably buy one for home and one for the car!
08-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I can't beat the charger suggested, as it looks like a good one. As for batteries, look up the seller orphanbiker on ebay. I don't understand the name, but I have bought a number of batteries from him and I have had good service at a great price. I once got a bad battery from him and the next day he resent a replacement no questions asked. He's been a recommendation since.