Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aussie SD card Seller?

Bit vague, but I'm after a heap of cheap flash memory, could be sd cards or flash usb sticks (tho they would want to be thin enough to fit through a mail box for cheaper postage). Honestly, 2gb would be enough, perhaps 4gb but certainly not more than that.
Was hoping to find an aussie seller also, for speed of delivery. I just wondered if anyone knows of a good seller?

The best I found is prolly this; BESTRUNNER 2GB 2G USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Metal KEY Thumb Pen Storage | eBay

I dunno, $5-8 for 2gb seems a tad expensive, and that's with buying bulk. Was looking more for $2-4/2gb etc.

TIA!

Bruce

01-01-2018, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
don't know for sure, a quick internet search "promotional USB drives au" gives vistaprint, sense2, diskbank, 2 of them are australian it seems, amongst others.
01-01-2018, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Office works has 8gb usb sticks for under $5, Not under 4gb, but cheaper, and in a physical store.

2gb drives/cards are expensive because quite a few devices use that as the max (micro-controllers and suchlike) and very few manufacturers make them now.
01-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

10 X 2gb = $44.90cdn I just ordered 10 X 586 mb from these guys cheapest I could find

Not in Australia but just down the street from you in Hong Kong

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-5-10-20Pcs-BESTRUNNER-64MB-32GB-USB-2-0-Flash-Mem...72.m2749.l2649

EBAY - Lot 5/10/20Pcs BESTRUNNER 64MB - 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Memory Stick Pen Drive Disk

01-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll probably find 8 or 16 GB sdhc cards to be the best value because the older tech for 2 and some 4 GB sd is mostly phased out.

B&H has memory for well under $1/GB, i.e. $8.99 for 16GB or $6.95 for 8GB. Not sure what shipping to AU would cost but I wouldn't expect it to be much. I'm sure local sources closely mirror these prices in any case.

8gb sd | B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-01-2018, 09:00 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
either way, be wary I say, check'em for spyware
01-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #7
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Bit vague, but I'm after a heap of cheap flash memory, could be sd cards or flash usb sticks (tho they would want to be thin enough to fit through a mail box for cheaper postage). Honestly, 2gb would be enough, perhaps 4gb but certainly not more than that.
I've got a couple of 4gb SD cards lying around from my K100D Super days. You can have them for nothing. I'll post them to you. Just PM me your address. Cheers, Des

Last edited by Des; 01-02-2018 at 01:25 AM.
01-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I've got a couple of 4gb SD cards lying around from my K100D Super days. You can have them for nothing. I'll post them to you. Just PM me your address. Cheers, Des
Haha, no no it's fine, I too have a few old work usb flash storage kicking about. I was just thinking of trying to get 10-20 flat usb flash for future clients to pass their work onto, 2gb would be enough but sadly everything does seem to be 8gb or more and hence have a slightly heftier price tag. I wondered if there was a secret hidden flash storage seller that had old 2gb stuff that was hard to shift as few wanted such low storage, but apparently yeh not really lol.

01-02-2018, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #9
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No worries Bruce. If you are looking for cheap media to give clients, a burnable 4.7gb DVD is hard to beat. You could set it up with a slideshow or something too if you want.
01-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
No worries Bruce. If you are looking for cheap media to give clients, a burnable 4.7gb DVD is hard to beat. You could set it up with a slideshow or something too if you want.
Ah, that's actually a v'good point. My pc doesn't have a cd/dvd tray, but I have a external one that I seldom find use for these days. I think I even have some old blank dvd's somewhere, and they can be posted pretty flat as well! Good suggestion!
01-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #11
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Print some labels and it could all look quite schmick.