Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-31-2018, 05:10 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Baby tripod T1 ? Varavon I've never used anything from this company so keeping that in mind i thought this would be a good setup, the monopod i believe can be attached to this mini tripod giving you the three leg base your looking for. You would have the option of using the tripod if the need ever arises or would make a perfect backpack tripod.

01-31-2018, 09:16 PM   #17
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Wouldn't that have more to do with what head you mount? I'm guessing they all use the same pin at the top.
Yes, you are correct. Guess I was just thinking of those that come with a head.
01-31-2018, 09:21 PM   #18
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bschriver11 Quote
Baby tripod T1 ? Varavon I've never used anything from this company so keeping that in mind i thought this would be a good setup, the monopod i believe can be attached to this mini tripod giving you the three leg base your looking for. You would have the option of using the tripod if the need ever arises or would make a perfect backpack tripod.
Neat little tripod, but at it's price, plus adding a monopod, would put the price more than what I want to spend. I don't backpack, or take trips where this would come in handy. But thanks, I appreciate it!
01-31-2018, 09:23 PM   #19
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I have (I believe) this one from promaster - would need to check the model number to make sure:

amazon.com : ProMaster Professional MPV428+ Convertible Monopod (5619) : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

It works pretty well.
I like the looks of this one, thanks!

02-01-2018, 03:32 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
You had me checking the 'Made in Italy' thingy and I can report that my Manfrotto tripod, both monopods and three of the four heads I use all have 'Made in Italy'. If it's on my MH055 photo/video head then they've hidden it well. Ta for uncovering the consipracy.

Tas
I meant that probably most of the pieces are made in China, and then the final assembly is done in Italy... that's only speculation on my part though...
02-01-2018, 04:25 AM - 1 Like   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I have (I believe) this one from promaster - would need to check the model number to make sure:

amazon.com : ProMaster Professional MPV428+ Convertible Monopod (5619) : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

It works pretty well.
I followed the link to Amazon and found these feet to add to a monopod

amazon.com : Andoer Monopod Stand, Three-Legged Supporting Stand Base With 3/8?tag=pentaxforums-20&" Screw Monopod, 10kg/22lbs Max. Load For DSLR Cameras : Camera & Photo

amazon.com : Monopod Holder Stand Base, Kingjoy Three Feet Support Stand With 3/8?tag=pentaxforums-20&" Screw Forfor DSLR Cameras : Camera & Photo

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD56RLG/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1

I have no experience with any of them, just found them

they are within budget but ????

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-01-2018 at 04:35 AM.
02-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #22
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Allen, thank you! This definitely gives me more flexibility in getting an outfit that will work for me!

02-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've got the Sirui P204SR although I haven't used it enough to get a good feel for it, but it's definitely well made a pretty heavy duty. I bought mine for video purposes. I've placed small cameras on it and left it standing alone indoors and it did fine, but I'm not sure I'd try that with a 300mm. New, they're out of your price range, but I bought mine off ebay. It was in mint condition and was well within what you're wanting to pay. So if you look around and have patience, there are deals to be had.
02-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #24
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks! Good information. No, I'd never leave the camera on the monopod, even with a smaller lens. Sirui is a good brand, I'll do some looking around.