Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2018, 06:40 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you can afford them, Peak Design's Backpack and Sling are good choices for what you ask for (the sling might be too small for your laptop depending on the size). I really, really like Mindshift Gear's backpacks for traveling but I'm not sure they offer the type of quick access you're looking for (they're made for quick access when worn, less so when stored, unless you add their top storage accessory). Manfrotto's Off Road Hiker doesn't give top access (side only), same for Lowepro's Photo Sport, but both are well made and well adapted for travels. Sirui makes a backpack with top AND side access, you might look into that.

As others have pointed out, a messenger bag might be a good shift in paradigm. In that case I'd definitely look at Peak Design's product, and Think Tank's Signature if you dig a more classic look.

02-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #17

Original Poster
Many Many thanks for all the great recommendations - one thing that struck me were the suggestions for messenger bags - I think I need to rethink that approach. I think I got mentally scarred off those the one time I was in Vegas with a messenger-like bag and it was knocked off the chair by a waiter. It cracked one of my old lenses' UV filter, but fortunately that lens was unscathed. Still mentally scarred though :-)