Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #31
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
So, what is your solution? I would have to run additional straps from a new tripod plate (as mine only has an access place on one side), up to each side of the strap. By this time, with all the additional straps, it would be a mess trying to get it on/off the tripod.

we could try duct tape

of course once you tape the camera and lens to the tripod, Murphy says the tripod would just collapse

02-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Even insurance policies have limitations, and don't always pay out...
If they don't pay out when a strap breaks and your camera takes a tumble, that's far from what I would call 'good' insurance. We're not talking about every conceivable eventuality here, we're talking about dropping your camera. If that's excluded from a policy, I would strongly advise looking elsewhere!
02-06-2018, 06:55 PM   #33
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
we could try duct tape

of course once you tape the camera and lens to the tripod, Murphy says the tripod would just collapse
02-06-2018, 06:58 PM - 2 Likes   #34
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
If they don't pay out when a strap breaks and your camera takes a tumble, that's far from what I would call 'good' insurance. We're not talking about every conceivable eventuality here, we're talking about dropping your camera. If that's excluded from a policy, I would strongly advise looking elsewhere!
All I wanted to do starting this thread was to share my idea to help safeguard my camera. Insurance is completely another topic.

Thanks to those that did share ideas, and also for the photos of those magnificent very large lenses!!

If anyone else has any other ideas to help us safeguard our equipment, please post them!

Last edited by csa; 02-07-2018 at 08:45 AM.
02-07-2018, 10:23 AM - 1 Like   #35
Forum Member

I use the Peak Design products. The anchor has a multilayer material that indicates when to replace it. Here is an example of a worn out anchor from the manual.
Attached Images

02-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #36
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice! Thanks! I have a Peak Design strap, but the edge where the shoulder padding is, is sharp, and cuts into my neck, making it very uncomfortable. I quit using it, and went back to my OpTech strap.
02-19-2018, 11:07 AM - 1 Like   #37
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
All I wanted to do starting this thread was to share my idea to help safeguard my camera. Insurance is completely another topic.

Thanks to those that did share ideas, and also for the photos of those magnificent very large lenses!!

If anyone else has any other ideas to help us safeguard our equipment, please post them!
I just purchased some more of the joby camera tethers

Camera Safety tether for backup protection

I am looping it around the tripod foot of the d fa 150-450mm zoom and the the tripod foot of the d fa * 70-200mm zoom and then attaching it to my optech usa sling as backup security

02-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #38
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice, Allen!