Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2018, 06:32 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
B-grip Exprience

Hey All,

Its been awhile since I have posted. I took a long hiatus to indulge in one of my other passions, mountain biking.... After emptying my wallet building my dream bike, I decided I had better start to ride the darn thing. Once out on the trails, I came to the realization there are some very nice opportunities to take photos of friends, flora, and fauna while riding. I am now looking at a way to combine my two hobbies and stumbled across the b-grip evo (the big one that comes with the belt not the uno) and the "Travel Kit" which would allow me to mount it to my bike pack.

My thought was to carry my K-3 with the venerable weather sealed 18-135 on the b-grip attached to my hydration pack straps. This will keep the kit light, easily available to take photos, and pretty secure (or so it seems) while riding.

I don't ride to crazy of trails anymore but there are some drops and jumps.

Does anyone have any experience they would care to share with this set up on a back pack or a hydration pack? Any tips or perhaps better methods?

08-31-2018, 12:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I got that kit but never used, since I attach the battery grip all the time I don't think the B-grip is sturdy and comfortable enough to wear with the camera, I simply attach a single strap to the camera fixed to the shoulder strap of the backpack, and attach a Pro Cam Plate to the camera fixed to the chest strap adjusted to proper length, so that I can grab and shoot easily. For your application I believe the Cotton Carrier is a better choice.