Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Advice in choosing an external 7" field Monitor for K-3II

In lieu of waiting for a new Flagship model that replaces the K-3II and has a semi articulating screen, I have decided to just get a 7" field monitor (maybe even 5") and use it for those low shots that I do so much of.
I looked at Neewer and Lilliput models and a whole host of other brands that seem to run $100 - $200 and I'm no closer to making a decision.
Would kind of like something that is a bit tougher than the plastic framed ones, but refuse to go over $200 and I would like bottom and side mounts if possible.
I'm going to make a mounting Pod , handle , and ball head mount of my own configuration in the metal shop that I'm a member of here in Sun City for my ''shooting low'' needs , but other than this am going into it quite blind.
I don't do video , only landscape photo use.
I have ne idea of cable routing , cable types , or battery configuration and selection , only that it needs an external one
Anything advice wise would be much appreciated......I'm tired of getting filthy dirty , slithering around like a Lizard in the dirt , trying to see my monitor while shooting on the ground.....lol.....thanks.

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 02-08-2018 at 03:42 PM.
02-08-2018, 08:23 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Whichever screen you choose it sounds like you are ready for a nice quality ground cloth! Best accessory ever for "dirty knee" work. I use a piece of thin canvas repurposed from the floor of a photo blind. It's folded/wadded up under the back seat of my truck right now.
02-08-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Whichever screen you choose it sounds like you are ready for a nice quality ground cloth! Best accessory ever for "dirty knee" work. I use a piece of thin canvas repurposed from the floor of a photo blind. It's folded/wadded up under the back seat of my truck right now.
Hmmmm.... I will keep that in mind also.
02-08-2018, 09:00 PM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've got a Lilliput, Ronald ... it's fine for an inexpensive device.