Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Clik Elite Closed shop

Sad news Clik Elte has closed up shop. :^(

Their Compact Sport and Probody Sport bags were the best small backpacks made by any brand.

IMHO.

02-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well that just bites. I have a 5 year-old Obscura 30 bag that has been very good to my camera equipment and my back. One of the best parts of the bag is the "marsupial" system that holds spare lenses against the back panel. I haven't seen another bag like it anywhere.
02-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photocles Quote
Well that just bites. I have a 5 year-old Obscura 30 bag that has been very good to my camera equipment and my back. One of the best parts of the bag is the "marsupial" system that holds spare lenses against the back panel. I haven't seen another bag like it anywhere.
Bite it does photocles. I agree after going through a half dozen backpacks the Clik Elite was by far the best on the back

I was hoping for one more iteration of the Compact Sport. I had suggested they do something with Gore-Tex paclite to make the bag waterproof without having to stop to put the rain cover on.

I ware out the zipper on my first Compact Sport. After getting a second I bought a third as a back up.
02-14-2018, 04:03 AM   #4

That is certainly sad news, their bags are perfect, had figured this was imminent for some time already though, availability here in europe was close to zero for years already and the latest version of the Escape (2.0) never made it to these shores at all.

02-14-2018, 05:16 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a shame, one of the best brands out there. have a couple (well more than a couple) of their bags, and they are very good indeed.
02-14-2018, 10:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
B&H in NYC still has some of the latest packs in stock including the Escape 2.0.

Even Clik Elites accessories were excellent. They had a small seat I have ClikSit. There wrist strap was a simple but effective design which is still available at B&H. Their small chest packs were nice. They even attach to the harness of the backpacks. I bought the Magnesian shoulder bag for my sister. Even that had great ergonomics. They had also recently added a camera strap with a carabineer connector which they called Clik Draw.
03-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I wonder why they closed shop ? I consider my two bags the very best of the best........ Sad.