Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lens exchanger bag

Hi
I am off to Seville with my K30, my 18-135 & my 10-17. I never carry bags when I am out and about, particularly somewhere hot but I need to carry the lens I am not using. Lowepro do a good lens swap bag where you pop one in then get the other out. It is quite compact and means you donít have to find a clean surface. I just wondered if any of you have experience with anything in particular. I want a swap facility, an easy way to fasten it and a small pocket or two for lens caps or a filter would also be nice.

Thanks

Peter

02-18-2018, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Lowepro system is an interesting concept. I have used one that a friend has to try it out. With the lenses you have it should work fine. With larger lenses it was a bit awkward and didn't really work for me. I think you also might consider this handy item:

OP/TECH USA Double Lens Mount Cap for Pentax Lenses 1101251 B&H

These replace the regular lens cap and allow you to remove the camera lens, mount on to the free end and then unscrew the other end and remount. This has greatly simplified changing lenses in the field where you can't put down the lens. Obviously, this will fit into any small bag or pouch that you already have.
02-18-2018, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a Lowepro lens swap bag but have yet to use it as I did not like several features of the design. I would recommend looking at designs by Ape Case and especially Think Tank, both those listed in the lens case section on the B&H website and also the Think Tank Retrospective 3-lens changer (this is a big bag) which is in the camera bag section on the B&H website.
02-18-2018, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a Pacsafe V5. Really nice bag with security locks. Think that's my always use bag. I wear it arround my hip and it's a very good complement to my Lowepro Vertex100 that I in addition can use if I need more space for gear.

Although a bit narrow even a K-1 fit's in. Perfect for the K-5 plus 18-135 attached and space for another lens and additional other stuff. When the camera is outside I use it to change lenses securely.