Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #46
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I am aware of the adapter and had talked about an alternate style earlier. But the wording used confused me. I'm caught up now. Lol.
to say the least

I am not " tech savvy "

sorry about that

03-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
to say the least

I am not " tech savvy "

sorry about that
Lol. No harm done.
03-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Very Nice ! Just ordered mine off Amazon. Now I can possibly do away with my muddy Frying Pan setup......lol.
Thanks for the very informative Post !
They are hitting the net with various names now....Manbilly , Andoer , Koolehaoda ,Sirui , and more......they all list the same product as MT-01,
BTW......I paid $26 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/Koolehaoda-Portable-Monopods-load%EF%BC%9A30KG-manufa...BT395HW16R5SDS

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 03-12-2018 at 06:08 PM.
03-13-2018, 08:09 AM   #49
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Yes, I changed my order from 1 to 2, on the adapters. I don't foresee any problems with these "Desmond" type adapters.
The tripod and both adapters arrived yesterday! Very impressed with all. I'm waiting for my monopod, and hope that the description is correct that the foot has a 3/8" thread that I can attach the mini-pod to. This will make a very sturdy, lightweight unit to use with my 300 F4 lens!

03-18-2018, 07:32 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Got mine a couple days ago. Its built very well , strong , and machined nicely. I have absolutely NO complaints whatsoever.
However......for me its just too small.
After a lot of thought and quite a bit of Gut-instinct .....I returned it.
Had it been even 1.5-2" longer on the leg sections I would have kept it.

I ended up getting this instead. Just works a bit better for my needs at about the same price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RNPLGC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A35TH2X947JS5B&psc=1

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 03-18-2018 at 08:16 AM.
03-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine arrived a few days ago. Pretty handy and well made device. The ball head seems pretty good too. Plenty of uses for it.
03-26-2018, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

Mine - labeled Koolehaoda MT-01 - arrived today (on the slow boat from China). Got just the tripod without head. Looks very solid and multipurpose. Nice that it came with some fairly solid looking straps too. Thanks for the pointer, UserAccessDenied!

02-18-2019, 04:21 AM   #53
Pentaxian

I just got one last week, and it is such a nice little tripod. Took it this weekend for a shoot. Also had my big tripod with me, but only used that one twice. The rest it was on the moman.
05-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #54
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Just adding my experience; I find this little tripod to be very sturdy and versatile - and small and light enough to actually find its way into the bag! The "accompanying" ballhead, though... wow, it's a good deal bigger (fatter!) and heavier than my Sirui C-10X, while not nearly as good. Not the best buy I've done.

2nd attempt: I have just received a much smaller Veledge ballhead like the one pictured below (not my image). It's small and light, yet feels sturdy enough. I had to tighten the hex screw that hold the plate clamp, though, as it wiggled a bit at first. It takes standard Arca plates - the "half hight" plate pictured is included.

All in all I think I've found a good companion to go with the tripod.

05-20-2019, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #55
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

It might be helpful to others if those who have experience with this item posts their review of how it has worked for them:

moman mini tripod reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
08-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #56
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I am returning from safari in Tanzania where I successfully used this on a beanbag on the top of the vehicle

Works well
01-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #57

Just come here from another thread - this looks good for birding at a hide with a shelf. Is this sort of thing better than a beanbag?
01-04-2020, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hypermodern Quote
Just come here from another thread - this looks good for birding at a hide with a shelf. Is this sort of thing better than a beanbag?
I have used it for macro shots of low flowers or on a car hood (bonnet) or table. The beanbag would be superior for dealing with vibrations. Aslyfox used his on a bean bag while on a safari in Africa. Best of both worlds.

I saw this in the firearms sections at a Sportsman's Warehouse the other day. Made by Vanguard. I may just get one. Good for shooting rifles from a bench or while prone and maybe a long lens across the hood of my car.
Attached Images

Last edited by gaweidert; 01-10-2020 at 08:25 AM.
12-01-2020, 02:36 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent recommendation!! I bought the combo which came with the bag. Very impressed.
12-01-2020, 03:15 AM   #60
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hypermodern Quote
I would think so

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I have used it for macro shots of low flowers or on a car hood (bonnet) or table. The beanbag would be superior for dealing with vibrations. Aslyfox used his on a bean bag while on a safari in Africa. Best of both worlds. . . . .
by putting the bean bag ( or a jacket ) it helped with stability ( turned off engine if possible to kill vibrations ) and if you added the moman, you got height and the ability to mover the camera and lens

the legs of this tripod fold flat or higher which helps

check photos in the thread or the review