02-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #16

Anyone knows the screw size?

04-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Maybe in black?
QuoteOriginally posted by simonpw Quote
Thanks for the comments!

Once I get some black filament I'll see how it looks.. The 'wood' finish is nice, and it can be sanded to be much smoother than the normal plastic surface. Best thing would be a proper wood grain finish.. I.e. actual wood
Well my college has a 3D printing lab and a variety of PLA (and only PLA) filaments to choose from...

Tried one with HatchBox black, on a FlashForge Creator Pro. Was not a huge success because I printed it horizontally, with some supports. Ended up re-drilling some of the holes.

I am printing a second one with AmazonBasics transluscent PLA to match my new Domke camera strap.
04-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Printed with AmazonBasics transluscent PLA. It seems that some black dirt got into the print line, but apart from that it is perfect. Printing vertically also provided holes for the lugs that actually fits better. The color also matchs my Domke strap pretty well.