Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #1

Camera & Lens-Adapter for HAMA/Spiratone/Kenlock Shift/Swing/Tilt-Bellow

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello

First I had only an Auto Bellows for Pentax which works fine.

Then I decided to buy an Shift/Swing/Tilt-Bellow. I found one from HAMA, which is identical with Spiratone and Kenlock. It is probably built in the beginning of the 80. It came to me not completed, not mounts, only 1 Distance-Ring and no Manual

I have no idea what kind of Adapters I need. I need 2 of them one for the Body side and one for the Lens side!

I found some information in the web but no details about the mounts. On the pictures show on the article below are exactly the same as
I think I own the version with the "46mm dovetail", whatever this means ?!?
So I suggest i need the following mounts, but I can't find any info about this "46mm dovetail" :-(
- 46mm dovetail to Pentax Body
- 46mm dovetail to Pentax Lens
Spiratone (aka Hama) Bellows Master SST with bellows lens

Who is able to help me to order these 2 mounts?

Gérard

Attached Images

02-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The question I would have is whether one has a lens with large enough image circle to provide adequate coverage to actually use the movements. A large format lens of about 150mm focal length designed for 2 1/4x 3 1/4 might fit the ticket.

Steve
02-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #3

Last year some time there were some Spiratone bellows adapters for sale on eBay. I don't know if they were for this model or not. As I recall some of the Spiratone bellows used T-mount on the body side and a reversed T-mount adapter for the objective side. Finding the mounts separate from the bellows is extremely rare. The one auction mentioned above was the only time I've seen anybody selling the adapters in the 20 odd years I've been on eBay. There was a thread on the adapters for sale.

The bellows has been out of production for quite some time and it is unlikely you could order OEM adapters for it. I don't know of anybody who makes or sells reverse T-mount adapters.

This company might be able to build you a custom adapter but be warned they are not cheap. You'd have to contact them by email to explain what you need.

https://www.preciseparts.com/ppmain/index.html

The photo of the unit you show above appears to have a lens adapter on the bellows. What does it look like without the adapter? There is a set screw on the adapter and 3 screws on the standard. Which holds the adapter on? If it just the one and there is a short tube sticking out of standard you might be able to get a short extension tube and remove the male portion of the mount and fit it on the tube. If it is the three screws and a short tube goes into the standard then you might be able to attach a short tube to an short extension tube.

According to this post all you need for the camera side is any standard T2 mount adapter - you just have to take off the outside collar first.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/28354...ml#post3091126

Here we go:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIRATONE-RING-TUBE-RIGHT-FLANGE-ADAPTER-FOR-PENTAX...p2047675.l2557

Looks to me that with a little work you could modify an adapter such as:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Macro-Confirm-Pentax-K-PK-Lens-to-NIKON-F-MOUNT-Cam...EAAOSwKrhVaA1h
https://www.ebay.com/itm/K-F-Concept-Adapter-for-Pentax-PK-K-Mount-Lens-to-S...QAAOSwuMFUbVqt

Or some crap extension tubes like these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-Macro-Extension-Tube-Lens-Mount-Adapter-....c100005.m1851

Last edited by Not a Number; 02-22-2018 at 07:02 PM.
02-23-2018, 04:15 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hello

I have some more details
The Distance Ring has Hama Part Nr. 317/99 "Extension piece for camera end"
The Nikon Lens Ring is part of a set Hama Part Nr. 317/02, the Body Ring is missing

Maybe this help me to find the missing pieces!
I am looking for Hama Part Nr. 317/01 (Pentax K-Bayonet, Lens & Body-Adapter)

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
IPhone SE  Photo 
02-23-2018, 05:27 AM   #5

Ok, so you have the extension piece and a Nikon lens to bellows adapter.

Pentax K-mount should fit in the Nikon adapter. Normally the focus mark would be 180° but since you can rotate the adapter any way you want in the bellows not a problem.

For the bellows to camera body adapter you can take a standard T2 to K-mount adapter remove the inner threaded ring and have a machine shop mill you a short tube that goes from the outside diameter of the threaded ring to 44mm. I measured this to be 48mm on one of my adapters but this may vary. The shop can also cut the grooves on both ends of the tube for the set screws. Paint the inside of the tube matt black and you should be good to go.
02-24-2018, 12:46 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Pentax K-mount should fit in the Nikon adapter. Normally the focus mark would be 180° but since you can rotate the adapter any way you want in the bellows not a problem.
Hello

I don't see how to fit the Pentax Lens in the Nikon-Adapter, it doesn't fit :-(

Gérard
02-24-2018, 02:06 AM   #7

Well then you'll have to go with modifying a K-mount adapter or extension tube. You'd need an adapter that goes into a camera with a throat diameter of 44mm which would be Pentax K-mount, Nikon F, Leica M, Konica Hexar or Micro 4/3. Just grind off the tabs and if there is enough material have someone cut a groove for the set screws on a lathe setup. Either of the adapters or extension tubes I linked above should do. You could probably do without the groove but it would be less secure.

For the camera body adapter even easier have a machine shop put a standard T-mount thread of 42 × 0.75mm on a 44mm tube and you can use any T2 adapter on it. If you can't find a local shop to do it priceparts.com could do it but it would probably be much more expensive.

02-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #8

Original Poster
Hello

I found 2 Adapter who could fit! The BMP Bellows Adapter Set for Pentax K.
The problem is the ring was not 46mm but 50mm :-(

So I need to look ferther have to solve is.

Gérard
Attached Images

02-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #9

Progress! You might be able to replace the Nikon F mount plate on the Hama adapter with a Pentax K from a third party if the outside diameter and mounting screws are the same.

These guys seem to have a selection of adapters for the BPM bellows including a rare universal adapter ring.

macro bellows.com - BPM camera bellows mounts for sale