Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2018, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
But, hey, you'll be all set for tea lights
...and tea lights are good for bokeh demonstration shots and for setting romantic moods.

BTW...on my last trip to IKEA (just a week ago), I discovered the secret path to go directly to the good stuff.

Steve

(...don't have any tea lights...)

04-07-2018, 08:09 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a soul-destroying experience. You're guided by arrows along a one-way system that takes you through every single department before you reach the one you're actually interested in (which is invariably close to the store exit). Your journey is impeded by "browsers"... shoppers who don't seem to know what they're looking for, slowly looking at everything from recycled cardboard storage boxes to lamps with non-standard fittings and bulb types. Imagine the flow of lava as it starts to cool... that's the sort of progress we're talking about. Inevitably, without realising it, you'll have picked up large packs of tea lights and drinking glasses, neither of which you needed but couldn't resist at the price. This will result in the final cost of your shop being roughly twice what you originally expected. But, hey, you'll be all set for tea lights
Indeed !
Sure looks like when you walk in the newer IGA "grocery" stores ... and you always end up with stuff you didn't shop for.
04-07-2018, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a soul-destroying experience
Pardon me.
Where else can one get ABBA Sill, Lingonberries and Marabough chocolate.
Oh and the Swedish meatballs that are just fine, for institutional food.
04-07-2018, 07:13 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Rechargeable batteries are also about how they age. And so far, my humble experience shows that the Eneloop seems unkillable (5 years so far)*. The Ikea lasted one year*.

The only value is that is my limited experience, in my specific case, Eneloop where a better deal in the end. Give a shot everyone, to get our own opinion.

* The outpoot Amp of the Ikea fell slowly overtime. The Eneloop stayed pretty much at 2400mAh as announced on the packaging. Used them every week for flash and camera body (k-x and small sony compact camera).
Yeah, Eneloops rock! I still have the very first ones my sister gave me for Christmas in about 2006 and they still hold a charge just fine. It was one of those little kits from Costco with eight AA cells, four AAA cells, a charger and a couple of useless little adapters put the AA cells in to supposedly work as C or D cells, but I've never been able to get them to work.

04-08-2018, 04:32 AM   #20
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Pardon me.
I love the food shop at IKEA. The VILT smoked / dried elk & pork snack sausages, Kalles Kaviar, KNÄCKEBRÖD RÅG crispbreads, MÜSLI with berries, DAIM chocolates, and the various jam preserves are wonderful. My only complaint is that the food section of the store is right by the EXIT, and you can't go straight to it...
04-08-2018, 07:57 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My only complaint is that the food section of the store is right by the EXIT, and you can't go straight to it...
That is by design.
04-09-2018, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My only complaint is that the food section of the store is right by the EXIT, and you can't go straight to it...
My IKEA (only eight miles away) has both the (institutional) cafeteria and food store immediately inside the front entrance with no need to wander the catacombs.

Steve

(...a child of privilege, I am...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-09-2018 at 01:04 PM.
04-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I recently measured the capacity of all my AA and AAA batteries with 3 different chargers. That's over a 100 different cells from different brands, including Ikea.
The AA Ladda 2450 and AAA 900 had the best capacity results, outperforming all my Eneloops and Eneloop Pros, even brand new ones.
Thumbs up for Ikea. The only problem is that they have been out of stock of the AAA for years at my local store. I don't want to drive 100 miles round trip to get them.
Wasted enough kWh driving to my "local" store 16 miles away to try to buy some, not to mention time. Online store inventory is wrong, and these batteries could not be ordered online last time I checked.
04-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
Online store inventory is wrong, and these batteries could not be ordered online last time I checked.
You can order them at eBay: ikea ladda in Rechargeable Batteries and Chargers | eBay
04-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
I meant you couldn't order them from ikea.com . The prices on ebay make no sense with the shipping. You can buy the Panasonic brand on Amazon for less.
The difference between the Eneloop Pro and Ikea was less than 5%, might have been less than 2%, would have to look at my spreadsheet again.

I have 10 year old AA eneloops (non-Pro) that now have about 1650 mAh capacity left. I recall that' was the lowest in all my tests for LSD batteries.
04-29-2018, 06:06 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I read that in some locations the IKEA cafeteria is a popular pick-up joint for unattached seniors.

Chris
04-29-2018, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Pardon me.
Well, No IKEA near me, but ABBA is releasing two new songs. Mama Mia! Do I take a chance on them?
04-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #28
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well, No IKEA near me, but ABBA is releasing two new songs. Mama Mia! Do I take a chance on them?
At IKEA's prices, it's a case of "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!", not "Money, Money, Money"

I'm here all week folks, with a matinee performance on Saturdays
04-29-2018, 01:02 PM - 3 Likes   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I read that in some locations the IKEA cafeteria is a popular pick-up joint for unattached seniors.

Chris
Some of them actually entered the store as young people, but never found their way out.
04-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #30
Pentaxian

I use AA batteries in my 360 flash. I usually used the Costco Kirkland batteries...their house brand. They work well and are very, very reasonable in cost.