Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2018, 02:59 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ikea Ladda AA batteries

Just throwing this out there for anyone still using AA batteries in their camera equipment, or rechargeable Low Self Discharge batteries like the Eneloop.

While trying to puzzle out a power issue with a camera I purchased recently, I came across the Ikea Ladda 2450 AA batteries. I am successfully using them in a K-r, and they appear from reports on other web sites to be Eneloop equivalents.

At almost 1/4 the price of Eneloops in my neck of the woods, folks may want to give them a try.

04-04-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the U.S. the price is $3.99 per 4-pack for AA and AAA for the 1000 Ah

- or -

$6.99 per 4-pack for the 2450 Ah version.

Steve

(...would get some except that I just took delivery of a dozen Eneloop last week )

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-04-2018 at 05:36 PM.
04-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Interesting tip. Thanks. They're $9.99 in Australia.
04-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting! Thanks for the tip!

The 2450mAh AAs are £5.50 here in the UK... an absolute bargain compared to genuine Eneloop. I think I'll pop over to Ikea tomorrow and get three or four packs to try out

Last edited by BigMackCam; 04-04-2018 at 03:54 PM.
04-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I've never set foot in an Ikea store and don't even know where one is around here but if I ever do, I'll be sure to pick up a pack or two. Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to stick with my Amazon Basics rechargeables at $18.99 for an 8-pack with free shipping.

UPDATE: I just checked Ikea's Web site and the closest store to me is more than 100 miles away and they don't ship the batteries, so figuring in travel time and fuel costs, a $5 savings for the equivalent number of batteries really isn't that much of a bargain, compared to one-click ordering from Amazon.

Last edited by E-man; 04-04-2018 at 06:31 PM.
04-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like a good deal even here in Canada* where they can be found.
One would likely need a good (expensive) charger but for the price of the batteries ... good deal !

* Just saw that this thread was started by a Canadian poster! Ooops !
04-05-2018, 01:02 AM   #7
Pentaxian

This topic was already discussed in Pentaxians FB group and here:
Cheap IKEA LADDA batteries outperform expensive Eneloop Pro batteries in speedlight test: Digital Photography Review

04-05-2018, 01:45 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Rechargeable batteries are also about how they age. And so far, my humble experience shows that the Eneloop seems unkillable (5 years so far)*. The Ikea lasted one year*.

The only value is that is my limited experience, in my specific case, Eneloop where a better deal in the end. Give a shot everyone, to get our own opinion.

* The outpoot Amp of the Ikea fell slowly overtime. The Eneloop stayed pretty much at 2400mAh as announced on the packaging. Used them every week for flash and camera body (k-x and small sony compact camera).
04-05-2018, 05:10 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by YeOldePentaxian Quote
Just throwing this out there for anyone still using AA batteries in their camera equipment, or rechargeable Low Self Discharge batteries like the Eneloop.

While trying to puzzle out a power issue with a camera I purchased recently, I came across the Ikea Ladda 2450 AA batteries. I am successfully using them in a K-r, and they appear from reports on other web sites to be Eneloop equivalents.

At almost 1/4 the price of Eneloops in my neck of the woods, folks may want to give them a try.
Yep, these batteries have been compared positively to Eneloops. They might even be similar, but with a lower profit margin...
04-05-2018, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I just got back from Ikea with four packs of 4 x 2450mAh AA and two packs of 4 x 900mAh AAA. It'll be interesting to see how they perform. At the very least, they'll make good backups for my existing Eneloops.
04-05-2018, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by E-man Quote
I've never set foot in an Ikea store
It's a soul-destroying experience. You're guided by arrows along a one-way system that takes you through every single department before you reach the one you're actually interested in (which is invariably close to the store exit). Your journey is impeded by "browsers"... shoppers who don't seem to know what they're looking for, slowly looking at everything from recycled cardboard storage boxes to lamps with non-standard fittings and bulb types. Imagine the flow of lava as it starts to cool... that's the sort of progress we're talking about. Inevitably, without realising it, you'll have picked up large packs of tea lights and drinking glasses, neither of which you needed but couldn't resist at the price. This will result in the final cost of your shop being roughly twice what you originally expected. But, hey, you'll be all set for tea lights
04-05-2018, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
You're guided by arrows along a one-way system that takes you through every single department before you reach the one you're actually interested in (which is invariably close to the store exit).
I view the arrows as just a suggestion. :-)

Not really a badge of honour but I have apparently now circled the sun long enough to have purchased from Ikea for around 40 years.

Never, ever go to Ikea on a weekend or holiday. First thing when they open, or late at night, always during the week.

Unless you want to view all the bedroom, kitchen and living room settings check the inventory online before you go, find out where the items are then go directly to the area of concern using all the "this way to the exit" pass throughs.

At my local Ikea there is a not very well marked door to the "Marketplace" and the warehouse area under the very clearly marked stairs leading you to the 99 cent meatballs on the second floor.

I rarely even set foot on the second floor and can be in and out with my purchase in under 20 minutes.
04-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
It's a soul-destroying experience. You're guided by arrows along a one-way system that takes you through every single department before you reach the one you're actually interested in (which is invariably close to the store exit). Your journey is impeded by "browsers"... shoppers who don't seem to know what they're looking for, slowly looking at everything from recycled cardboard storage boxes to lamps with non-standard fittings and bulb types. Imagine the flow of lava as it starts to cool... that's the sort of progress we're talking about. Inevitably, without realizing it, you'll have picked up large packs of tea lights and drinking glasses, neither of which you needed but couldn't resist at the price. This will result in the final cost of your shop being roughly twice what you originally expected. But, hey, you'll be all set for tea lights
I always find going to Ikea a mixed bag. My wife loves to stroll through the galleries as though it is a museum. I back door the winding path and head straight to the cafeteria and then chow down a piece of their delicious chocolate cake (we don't generally keep sweets in the house). After that I wander the isles watching my wife pick out something we don't really need like coffee cups (I don't drink coffee or tea) and napkins or some such thing. I do think people get mesmerized by the sheer volume and modest cost of much of the inventory.

Perhaps I'll pick up a few of these batteries on my next sojourn through Ikea... after that piece of cake of course.
04-05-2018, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Never, ever go to Ikea on a weekend or holiday. First thing when they open, or late at night, always during the week.
Amen to that

Unless you want to view all the bedroom, kitchen and living room settings check the inventory online before you go, find out where the items are then go directly to the area of concern using all the "this way to the exit" pass throughs.

At my local Ikea there is a not very well marked door to the "Marketplace" and the warehouse area under the very clearly marked stairs leading you to the 99 cent meatballs on the second floor.

I rarely even set foot on the second floor and can be in and out with my purchase in under 20 minutes.
Funnily enough, I noticed that there are now a handful of subtle "shortcut" signs at our nearest Ikea. They were never there previously, so they must have gone up in the last few months. Using those shortcuts definitely helps... but it doesn't sound quite as direct as your store. I wonder if the senior management are aware, and if they'd approve ("No, no! You must follow the arrows THIS way, past ALL of our products!!").
04-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
All the more reason to discuss it here!

Steve

(...don't hang out either place...)