Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2018, 02:20 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Tenpa 1.36 on a FF/K-1?

I'm keen to try a Tenpa 1.36, I already have the O-ME53 but I want more zoom! If it was cheap I'd just grab one to find out, sadly they're quite pricey now, around $115AUD new (and used seems rare).

I've seen some stuff to say the 1.22 Tenpa is ok for FF, but that the 1.36 won't work well, perhaps just losing too much of the scene?
Curious to know of anyone whom has one and has tried in a K-1, what the experience was like etc. My purpose is to use with MF lenses, such as the Samyang 85/1.4 or 135/2 etc.

TIA!

Bruce

04-10-2018, 07:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I've used the Tenpa 1.36 on the K5 and K3, but the magnification is to big for me, you didn't see the whole field with picture and informations. On the K-1 this will be more complicated because of the bigger viewfinder
04-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
I've used the Tenpa 1.36 on the K5 and K3, but the magnification is to big for me, you didn't see the whole field with picture and informations. On the K-1 this will be more complicated because of the bigger viewfinder
Thanks for replying.

I'm used to popping the O-ME53 off and putting the cover on when doing slo mo waterfall shots and the like (to increase contrast), if I end up shooting with a Samyang 85mm/1.4 or 135mm/2 (which are both MF only), then I don't mind swapping the eye piece for those specific lenses to get that job done better (ie it doesn't have to live indefinitely on the camera all the time, general use I can put the O-ME53 back on.

I'm just really curious to hear from those that have tried the Tenpa 1.36 on the K-1, I think if it provides more zoom at the expense of seeing the whole framing I can live with that, I can always toggle quickly to Live View to get an idea of the framing, it's just shooting wide at those focal lengths and using MF, I'd want every trick up my sleeve possible.

---------- Post added 04-11-18 at 06:28 AM ----------

This is the part that concerns me;

Note that for Full Frame it has a 'X' for the 1.36. Underneath the * says "It may shelter from the bottom of parameters"

I already have a O-ME53 (which is 1.22 (or is it 1.2)) magnification, I don't really see the point in spending another $100 on getting another one that has the same experience but perhaps better optically, I'm actually after a different zooming experiencing =)

I shoot Av mode a lot, Auto ISO, so believe it or not I don't often look at the info much at the bottom in the OVF, I tend to focus all my attention on framing and focus. When I do focus on the info I'm in LV mode and doing landscape stuff, I don't think I'd be overly annoyed if I couldn't read the text that much using the 1.36 on the K-1. I just want to mimic the LV 'zooming in' effect with the OVF for focusing with MF lenses.

I'll think I'll wing it and give it a try...