what do you think about this neoprene neck strap:

it is NOT original pentax.
more info:
It has an elastic section around the neck
Wide, well padded with a non-slip backing
Internal Material : Soft Neoprene Padding With Anti-slip Weave
Outer Fabric: Soft woven nylon, nylon hardware, neoprene

this is the original

NOT original and original are very very similar in this image.

about you, the NOT original is good for a pentax k10d + heavy lens (for example pentax 28-70mm f2.8)?

09-06-2008, 04:13 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I like my Lowepro neoprene quick release strap. The stretch and softness seem to make it very comfortable. I don't like the one in your picture though, like the strap that came with the K10D it is too gaudy and loud with the camera brand in large red lettering on it. I prefer a plain strap.
09-06-2008, 04:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pw-pix Quote
I like my Lowepro neoprene quick release strap. The stretch and softness seem to make it very comfortable. I don't like the one in your picture though, like the strap that came with the K10D it is too gaudy and loud with the camera brand in large red lettering on it. I prefer a plain strap.
hello :-)

i know lowepro and op-tech neck strp in neoprene:
they are good but have not "pentax" brand in red

i'm finding a NEOPRENE neck strap very good for heavy lens and i will be happy if i find a neck strap with "red pentax brand"
09-06-2008, 05:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

My original PENTAX neck strap from my K100D is attached to a Yashica Electro 35. The strap from my K20D is still in the box the K20D came in. And the only strap that goes on it is an ultra-simple woven wrist loop that attaches to the tripod mount. I can't stand to hang a camera around my neck.

09-06-2008, 06:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I would say any neoprene strap would be a welcome change from the straps that come with the Pentax K10D (the O-ST53, and I'm assuming this is the strap that ships with current Pentax dSLRS). I do quite a bit of hiking, and after a while, the original strap would start to dig into the skin, and this becomes very uncomfortable. I replaced that with a neoprene camera strap, and even after a two day hike, with my camera around my neck for most of that time, things still felt very comfortable.

Regarding the bright red Pentax lettering, I prefer to keep things as plain as simple, and had black electrical tape covering the Pentax lettering when I used it; my current strap also has the brand, more discreet, covered with electrical tape.

I'd just rather not draw attention to myself; having a dSLR is enough, without some bright red words to go along with it
09-06-2008, 06:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I have one on my K100D, it is comfortable, yes. And it has enough friction that it stays where you put it, e.g. over a shoulder. But I don't always like the bounce-bounce... and my daughter hates it. She prefers the old fashioned semi-wide webbing ones.

The best strap I've ever had from Pentax is on the XZ-10 - semi-wide web, with cute little pockets to hold the viewfinder blind etc.
09-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #7

Original Poster
please, be attention!

at the moment i use this NOT original neoprene neck strap (and if you see, NOT original is similar to original)

NOT original is elastic but i'm afraid that it can break off if i pull a little hard when i use a heavy lens.

this is my problem: see image and please tell me (about you) if this NOT original neoprene neck strap is not for heavy lens?

09-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #8

Original Poster
please, have you other info?

:-)