Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Remote recommendations - replacement for JJC RM-E7

I have a JJC RM-E7 remote that is beginning to fail. It's given me about 10 years good service with my K10D, K-3 and Q10.
I'm looking for a replacement. Any recommendations? Anyone use the RM-E4 and know if it works with all the above cameras?
Any other remotes I should consider?

Thanks!

04-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I have a JJC RM-E7 remote that is beginning to fail. It's given me about 10 years good service with my K10D, K-3 and Q10.
I'm looking for a replacement. Any recommendations? Anyone use the RM-E4 and know if it works with all the above cameras?
Any other remotes I should consider?

Thanks!
Ordered a JJC for my K-70 through amazon. Shipped the same day but I am not sure if it left China yet. Delivery promise, some day in May. Moral: If you need it now spend the extra bucks and go Pentax or a source on this side of the world.
04-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #4

According to the JJC website the E4 should work with all they cameras you listed. All the functions on the remote may not be supported though.

IR Wireless Remote for Pentax/Samsung/Canon/ Nikon cameras - JJC

04-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
How about the original remote from Pentax:
Pentax Remote Control F reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Pentax Remote Control WP (O-RC1) reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Pentax CS-205 Wired Remote reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Well....

Pentax F - Because it's more than 2-5 as expensive than the 3rd party options? I usually prefer quality over
cheap knock-off, but $20-$25 seems quite high for a simple IR remote. However, if the button response is that much
more acute then perhaps it's worth it??

Pentax WP O-RC1 - Non-replaceable battery makes it a non-starter, no matter how good it is.

Pentax CS-205 - Wireless is more convenient??? At least this is what I've always told myself, but thinking on the
matter I'm not so sure. The JJC remote needs to be within a couple feet to work reliably. And the additional features
of the CS-205, (focus, bulb), might prove very useful. The short cable is annoying but I see it can easily be extended.

Thanks.
04-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax WP O-RC1 - Non-replaceable battery makes it a non-starter, no matter how good it is.
That's not true, in fact it is replacable.
Changing battery on O-RC1 - PentaxForums.com
"How To" Replacing th O-RC1 Batteries. Please Keep reading.. - PentaxForums.com
04-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Oh? Then why so many reviews claiming it isn't? Did the design change at some point?

04-21-2018, 06:39 PM   #8

Oh? Then why so many reviews claiming it isn't? Did the design change at some point?
I don't think it is meant to be replaceable, like the battery on my MP3 player. But you can still get the case open to change the battery.
04-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been using the Vello wired remote (RS-C111) with my K3, and really like it. You can do long exposures, continuous shots with it.
04-26-2018, 05:28 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I have a JJC RM-E7 . If the failure is battery-related, it has a replaceable battery. I replaced it once. My JJC remote is 10 years old.